The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Nov 16, 2009, 16:03
Re: Whalers Beware !
Nov 16, 2009, 16:02
sanshee wrote:
handofdave wrote:

They may have a broader idea of what constitutes acceptable animal protein sources, and it might shock our culture that many Asian peoples eat animals that we consider cute (dogs and cats), or intelligent (whales), but let's be careful not to stereotype 1.5 billion people.

After all, we in the west continue to butcher millions of feeling creatures for food.

Yes, we do. And the fact we see celebs like Whittingstall (over here, a famous tv proponent of organic farming - ie he's got a really, really nice cottage + his own land) send x amount of volts through a chicken's skull (as he's demonstrated) in order to kill it 'the humane way' don't make no difference to the chicken. It still flapped about like it was terrified, coz it was. We either take that on board or we don't. There may be more chickens out there, but I don't think that's always where the sentiment lies, so I agree with much of what you say there.

EDIT: Infact I had some Algerian friends a while back when I lived in England, and although they readily ate horse, something I find a bit alien (even though eating deer ain't at all) they balked at the thought of eating rabbit (as I said I had) coz it reminded them of 'cats'!

x

Whatever you thing of Whittingstall, he uses every part of the animal, no waste, that he has raised organically and humanely. He doesn't throw the live animal, minus fins, back into the sea as with sharks, some species seriously endangered, because some fucker likes them in his soup. I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

Anyway, as always, Peace and Love. :-).
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index