State of confusion. another 30 billion

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Eduardo
Eduardo
375 posts

Re: State of confusion. another 30 billion
Nov 04, 2009, 14:01
All my life I've voted Labour. But the current labour party are miles away from my political views now. I was overjoyed when they won the 1997 election. Since then there's been mainly disappointment. I can't bring myself to vote for them this time round.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Nov 04, 2009, 17:13
Nov 04, 2009, 17:11
If they hadn't payed this out things would have been a lot worse. Mind you, they are partly responsible for the shit in the first place. I've got my fingers crossed that Goldman Sachs people get jail time for that cayman island 2 billon pound scam... er misrepresentation of investments.

Edit : Theres no option but to vote labour where I am tbh. I just can't bring myself to vote libdem. Maybe I won't vote.
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Nov 04, 2009, 23:37
as i said nigel i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. but i'd never vote by stealth. i couldn't bring myself to vote for a party i don't believe in.

basically this time round, the land slide it's going to almost certainly be i'll probably not even show down at the polling booth.

i've had it up to here basically.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Nov 04, 2009, 23:50
Please still vote though Shells, better an apathetic vote than not vote at all, eh? xx
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 10:45
Totally agree SC.
I always vote, my heart ain't always in it, but you got to keep 'the creeps' at bay best you can.

x
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 13:31
The one thing that genuinely P's me off Sanshee, is when i hear people complain about this and that party, blah! blah! blah! and then when you ask them if they've voted, they say 'well no i didn't'. Aghhhhh!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 17:07
I feel your pain too Shelby, and it's not just over the bank stuff either.

But all the major, mainstream parties are basically shit scared of and in thrall to Big BIZNIZZ especially since Regan and Thatcher so happily gobbled the cocks of Wall Street and The City. Let's face it 'NEW' Labour was created in part to assure The City that it was business friendly and wouldn't upset the apple-cart if they got in.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 17:18
supercat wrote:
The one thing that genuinely P's me off Sanshee, is when i hear people complain about this and that party, blah! blah! blah! and then when you ask them if they've voted, they say 'well no i didn't'. Aghhhhh!

I don't understand that attitude to be honest. In one of the places I lived in London, for instance, I had a choice between the Tories, labour, LibDems, UKIP and BNP. There wasn't even a hard left or green protest vote on offer.

This amounts to four free-market capitalists and a racist. Given that I believe free-market capitalism is literally destroying the planet; and I'm not a British Nationalist; why does it piss you off that I chose to spoil my ballot?

Why should I vote for someone whose views I find truly reprehensible and who -- in virtue of the fact that I'm a pot smoker -- actually seeks to lock me up!? To me, such a vote would be self-destructive insanity.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 17:21
grufty jim wrote:

This amounts to four free-market capitalists and a racist

I'd go for one of the free market capitalists just to make sure the racist doesn't get in. If the racist got in, I'd be partly to blame.

x
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited Nov 05, 2009, 17:23
Nov 05, 2009, 17:23
sanshee wrote:
grufty jim wrote:

This amounts to four free-market capitalists and a racist

I'd go for one of the free market capitalists just to make sure the racist doesn't get in. If the racist got in, I'd be partly to blame.

x

I don't buy that argument I'm afraid. If anything, I consider free-market capitalism a far greater threat to the planet than a group of disorganised racist fools.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index