State of confusion. another 30 billion

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: State of confusion. another 30 billion
Nov 05, 2009, 18:28
Let's be honest here and admit that we're never going to get a Government that everyone's going to to be happy with. That's the nature of Politics, it's a game. One hell of a worldwide game but it is one. My party's turn for power, etc...

You can verbally knock me down for whatever reasons, whether i vote Labour, Tory, Lib Dems, whatever, but it's inbred in me by my forefathers and mothers that i have a vote and i have a right to use it in whatever way i choose. I stated that it annoys me that people rant and yet don't vote, you chose to go off on one again.

You're asking me whether i'm happy voting for Labour? Yes! Not idealistically happy, but i'd still vote Labour rather than go through another Tory hell.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 18:34
Oh well, it was worth a try! x
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 18:41
supercat wrote:
I stated that it annoys me that people rant and yet don't vote, you chose to go off on one again.

Fair enough. I'll stop annoying you then.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 21:08
Supercat, I don't think you're being entirely fair there. Jim has pointed out several times on this thread that he has voted. He took the time to go to his local polling booth and use his ballot paper to indicate that he was not happy with any of the choices offered.

Also, this board IS about argument. If people ask you to justify your political views, it's not just intellectual bullying. In my experience, here more than any other discussion forum I've ever found, it's about trying to find truths. Don't just get defensive. Justify your beliefs or change them.

As far as the last 10 years are concerned, what do you imagine the Tories would have done differently?
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 21:10
LOL!

8)
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Edited Nov 05, 2009, 21:38
Nov 05, 2009, 21:31
I was under the impression that 'several' meant more than twice?

If i read correctly, then Jim has mentioned this twice. I'm well aware what this forum is for PMM, and as far as i see it, Grufty and myself were having a discussion. This isn't an argument forum, some might disagree, however.

* edited, Surely it's far better to debate than argue?
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 21:41
If I put forward an argument, and you put forward a counter-argument, then we're debating, aren't we?

I didn't count the number of times Jim pointed out his voting strategy. You stated that what annoyed you was people that didn't vote and then complained about the goverment (at least that's how I read your post) and Jim clearly was doing something other than that.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 21:51
Yes that's right, PMM. Should Grufty or myself wish to continue our discussion, then we will in our own time.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 21:53
Well OK. If you don't wish to argue. Sorry, debate, that's OK. But I'm still waiting to hear what you think the TOries would have done differently over the past decade.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Nov 05, 2009, 22:16
PMM wrote:
Well OK. If you don't wish to argue. Sorry, debate, that's OK. But I'm still waiting to hear what you think the TOries would have done differently over the past decade.

Fuckin' 'ell....we're in Crown Court!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index