police thugs

135 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3679 posts

Re: police thugs
Apr 07, 2009, 07:00
Merrick wrote:

But as there is a requisite level of moral bankruptcy required to do the job, what other allegiance can they have except to their own authority, irrespective of whether they help or harm?

this seems a bit harsh, I suspect most of the police force joined as innocent youths expecting to do good for the general public.
I suspect your vision of the police is probably skewed by the fact that your involvement with them is generally in a situation that is in some way confrontational.
Personally having seen the police in action on a Sat night in Newcastle town centre whilst admitting they are not saints they certainly have the patience of Job
They are a lot more self regulating than you think, well at least Tyneside police are, I know that a good number of police that have left because of an unsuitable attitude

all that said, the video you posted of the police action at G20 was appalling, there were numerous completely pointless batterings of innocent bystanders and I would hope the police responsible would be identified and kicked out, there is no justification for actions like that.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index