Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: God V Science (again)
Sep 16, 2008, 12:24
shanshee_allures wrote:
Yeah, suppose I am too.
Quite scary to think there may be some ulterior motive!
:-)
x

I think it's the possibility of a LACK of a motive to the universe that freaks out the fundamentalists.

I realized some time ago that the meaning of life is quite simple. It's merely 'To Live'... every organism possesses it. It's not even within the realm of philosophy, really...

All life experiences suffering, but it's us übermonkeys who have done that one better- we create our own!

I think when most people talk about 'the meaning of life' what they're really talking about is the meaning of happiness, or fulfillment of their life towards... what? Self gratification? Service to a higher good? That's where all the arguments arise. Some people cannot conceive of anything other than the position they've adopted as being valid. Hence Dawkin's hostility to all faith, which is throwing out the baby with the bathwater, and the fundamentalists hostility to all that does not hew to 'faith', which also casts scorn in a prejudiced way.

I think for all of the two opposing camps mutual dislike, they have a lot in common... an arrogant assumption that nobody else but them possesses the 'truth'.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index