U-Know! Forum »
3000!

31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
caergog
393 posts

Re: 3000!
Jan 15, 2002, 21:47
and to add to the list(since i used to be a geneticist) gregor mendal the 'father of genetics' who was a monk although strictly speaking as with alot of people his work wasn't really recognised initially. Another thing of course is that alot of the most educated men in the past unless very rich, were involved with religon if you look at the paintings on the walls in various colleges in oxford most are ministers of some type( no doubt they were pretty welloff to start too though). But in alot of ways education and religon did go hand in hand.
But i often wonder if it was true faith or just because religous beliefs were passed on and passed and just accepted until eventually the cycle was broken because religon was questioned and people had the courage to speak up and discuss their beliefs.
That above statement sounds like religon is all a thing of the past of course in many situations the cycle still exists today.
love
carolinex
ps don't worry about rambling on ,I do ,at least you normally make sense and it is interesting to read!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index