U-Know! Forum »
God demands emissions?

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
DarkMagus
170 posts

Re: God demands emissions?
May 09, 2006, 18:46
The belief that carbon dioxide emissions are responsible for global warming is about as much of a faith position as belief in god. Or papal infallibility

Before you all start ranting about "but scientists say", it is ONLY a theory which cannot be proved or disproved. To do that you would need to perform experiments on a global scale with a control i.e. two planet Earths, one with escalating CO2, one with static CO2. In fact for statistically vaild results you'd need many planets to experiments on. Scientific "fact" is the result of repeatable experiments. I say all this as someone trained in science.

If you don't like this, tough. It means you don't understand what science is. What is accepted scientific fact today will be laughed at in 10 or a hundred years (with some exceptions). That is the lesson of the history of science. Until we reach the level of gods, this will continue to be the case. I remember the scientists telling us an ice age was coming in the early seventies. I'm still waiting.

Before you get really angry, I'm not arguing that global warming doesn't exist. I am saying that CO2 is not the PROVEN cause. And before you go apoplectic, I am in favour of reducing CO2 emissions for the definite benefit of conserving valuable (in all senses) fossil fuels for future generations.

The one real qualm I have is carbon capture. Potentially, this is wasting energy for no benefit. We just don't know for sure. If you think YOU do, then you are deluded.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index