U-Know! Forum »
God demands emissions?

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
DarkMagus
170 posts

Re: God demands emissions?
May 09, 2006, 21:06
You haven't understood my post have you? Or science. The fundamental principle of science are the creation of hypotheses which are tested. You isolate the variable you think is responsible and leave EVERYTHING else the same (or near as damn it) and see the effect (gross simplification of the scientific method). Has this been done with the whole complex system that makes up the Earths climate? No. Can it be done? No. Unless you are a god....

Science can answer some questions on how things work on systems we can control and observe, with something like the earth's climate it is very limited.

George Monbiot, for all his good points is not someone I would rely on for any scientific debate. Sadly he falls into the evangelical wing of the environmental movement. I am more agnostic. See, there's that religious allegory again? Getting my point?

I'll not bother answering your specifics because they are a red herring as is so much in this debate. My point is, it is untested on a global scale and it is not possible to test (and therefore confirm - the whole point of science): there is no rational arguement against this viewpoint in my opinion. I may be wrong, but acceptance of fallibility is important in science, unlike religion and fundamentalist environmentalism. My whole point is propogators of the CO2 glabal warming theory are convinced of it without overwhelming proof, because there can be no proof. Just like existance of god, santa claus, tooth fairy etc.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index