This topic is locked

118 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: mike croley
Oct 08, 2005, 22:29
Yes Mike I'm fully aware of The Wall lyrics. And I'm fully aware of schools many failings. But you paint all teachers/schools the same with your comments. Hardly paranoia on my behalf when you flat accuse teaching staff of conspiring against children's better interests.

It would improve the discussion if you were to propose an alternative, or at least pinpoint which sort of schooling you don't like. I for instance worked in an old Waldorf school, which retained many aspects of a spiritual approach to teaching: the twelve (plus) senses, art, expression, eurythmy, music, self-reliance, colour therapy, nature study etc. Where does that figure on your scale of Evil/Ignorance?

Or at least try and remain objective in your critique (rant), rather than saying we are all part of a child-numbing conspiracy. If people react in an irritated fashion towards your accusations of 'ignorance/conspiracy then you have only yourself to blame with such an attitude. You might be cute and cuddly and chock full of crystals and new age platitiudes, but walking around waving swastikas and calling people stupid/ignorant for not believing your claims will *probably* not further whatever cause you have - rather it will send you deeper into the trenches of paranoia/messiah complex. By the way, the man that help found the school I worked in believed in Lemuria.

http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/articles/Eugenie_Scott_94.html

Must do better. F -
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index