"I 've got rights !"....

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Re: "I 've got rights !"....
Aug 01, 2005, 21:07
What rights would we have under his preffered society?
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 21:12
Would you deny this person his rights, send him to prison for life and then find out he's innocent? What happens then?

No absolutely not, I would not deny him his rights, but why did he leave the country at that particular time and why doesn't he want to come back. Of course he is innocent until proven otherwise and quite rightly so. But if the evidence is strong enough then he should be extradited back to the UK to face a fair trial complete with his human rights. The same rights which the bombers denied thier victims.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 21:14
"There's also a whiff of lynch mob in some parts of this thread."

I hope I'm not part of the mob. I want those cowards who are guilty of these crimes to be found and given a fair trial. No one would want a repeat of the Birmingham Six and the Guilford Four.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 23:01
Indeed. Obviously the people behind these attacks have to be dealt with and hopefully imprisoned for the rest of their lives, but like you I'm worried that (as with the Guildford Four and Birmingham Six cases) innocent people's lives willl be destroyed as a result of the legal system's attempt to find a quick and convenient scapegoat.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 23:06
I don't think the security forces can afford to get the wrong people. In my opinion better to get no one than to convict innocent people.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 23:10
Yeah - the legal system at least has to strive to be as objective as possible, otherwise easy targets will be picked on and convicted as part of the (admittedly understandable) desire for revenge. Vigilanteism has to be avoided at all costs.
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Aug 02, 2005, 09:19
"I don't think the security forces can afford to get the wrong people."

Ummmm a poor innocent Brazillian on Tube Train 5 bullets in the head springs to mind!!!!! Sorry hun...
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Aug 02, 2005, 09:55
Different issue I think Nat!!
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Aug 02, 2005, 10:20
Not in answer to Sootickles post it's not!! (IMO) That is how I read it! Both to do with "potential terrorists" both to do with the Security Services.

I apologise as I normally am wrong!! :o)
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Aug 02, 2005, 10:24
Your never wrong hun!
;-)
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index