"I 've got rights !"....

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: "I 've got rights !"....
Aug 05, 2005, 14:24
I thought that hun.... couldn't work it out when I heard it on the news! Having done the trip from your place by bus to the tube, it's a pretty darn packed one!!

Don't know what to say to you really about all this.. think I'll just give you a squeeze if I see you tomorrow.

>tut< awwwwwwww blimmin heck.... xxxx
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 17:57
I always thought running away from cops is stupid. I've never done it. It's not dignified.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 20:26
I've always thought that it was a stupid/daft thing to do. If you've got nothing to hide why run. xxx
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 20:43
"If you've got nothing to hide why run."

Maybe you didn't grow up in a country where people running after you in plain cloths with guns wasn't such a 'good' thing?

Just a suggestion Sootickle, I'm not saying that this is the case in this instance because I don't know, but I'm wary of putting my own head on someone elses shoulders, it's often meaningless. It strikes me now that I know NOTHING about the circumstances in which the man was shot. If what LL says is true, why wasn't he apprehended before he got on the bus? Right after a bus bombing? Gah, so many 'what ifs', truth is -an innocent is dead. All that is left is what reporst we decide to trust ? Eye-witnesses or police reports, or both, or none.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Argh
Aug 05, 2005, 20:51
I mean 'supercat'

Sorry Sooticklat!

This forum seems a confusing maze of late, I think I'll go away for a while and zone out!

Apologies all round.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 20:52
"I've always thought that it was a stupid/daft thing to do."

My instinctive reaction when someone waves a gun at me (and thankfully it's not happened very often) is to get the hell away from them. If three guys in plain clothes started tailing me as I was on my way somewhere, and then suddenly pulled out guns and started shouting, I have to admit that my first reaction would be to get away from them. Even if I heard them claim to be police, there's still every chance I'd run.

At least that way I'm putting some control of the situation back in my own hands and away from the three shouty blokes with guns.

"If you've got nothing to hide why run."

Because maybe I don't want to be hassled by people with guns? Maybe I've got my month's wages on me and I think they might be muggers? Maybe I've just scored some nice skunk and I don't fancy a random stop-n-search? Maybe my visa is out-of-date and I don't want an encounter with immigration? Maybe some local nutcase has taken a dislike for me because I spilt his pint and the blokes ordering me to stop are his mates coming to beat the shit out of me?

And I haven't even got going yet. You're seriously wondering why people would decide to run away from three blokes with guns who may or may not be police and are barrelling towards them at full tilt? You have a limited imagination if you can't come up with even one single reason that might apply to you at some place and some time.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: Argh
Aug 06, 2005, 06:50
Was just about to admit that the comment was mine Morfe. xx
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 06, 2005, 06:52
In hindsight, i do agree with you Morfe. xx ;-)
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 06, 2005, 06:57
I'm sorry for making such a crass statement, xx I have learnt/understood more by reading both yours and Morfes' postings. xx
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 06, 2005, 09:47
>>imagine what would happen if they decided not to shoot, and he did have a bomb?

He'd have ended up stood there with a very disappointed look on his face, if the previous attempts were anything to go by?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index