"I 've got rights !"....

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: Funny?
Aug 04, 2005, 12:07
Perhaps I shouldn't laugh, but saw this in Private Eye:
" 'The fear is that if a suicide bomber can strike once, he or she can strike again' - Mark Simpson, RTE News at One. 13th July"!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Re: "I 've got rights !"....
Aug 04, 2005, 12:10
No, you're not in that mob.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Aug 04, 2005, 12:12
Not unlike Dubyas' numerous promises to catch suicide bombers. Results are poor so far.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 01:24
Should threaten them with the death penalty.
Wiggy
1696 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 09:44
Well, they've brought it in for carrying a rucksack!
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 10:44
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Some people have been reading too much of the tabloids. What about that poor Brazilian guy?
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 10:51
Precisely Rhiannon!

There is a majority on this posting who agree with you totally... there is however a minority here who totally disagree!!

Nat
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 13:27
But being chased by people in plain clothes shouting and waving guns at you makes it an understandable response. I'm sick of the 'Well, he shouldn't have run, should he?' reaction this is getting. This guy was my neighbour, and I can't help thinking if I'd been running for a train to work that week maybe this could have been me, as all of us in the block Jean-Charles lived in were under surveillance. The police's reaction was disproportionate. The police 'intelligence' was crap: A little bit of research by the police would have revealed that there was a Brazilian family living in our block. They were just following anyone who came out of our block without actually finding out if they had anything to do with the flat they actually had under observation. Oh, and from what I understand, they had Jean-Charles on the floor and restrained and he wasn't struggling. The police still chose to execute him.
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 13:35
Theres also eyewitnesses who said (and his family said the police told them this too initially but chaged their story later) that he did not jump the ticket barrier, he used his travel card. Which kind of calls into question his 'running away' too. I don't think if I was running with a bomb strapped to me I'd be fiddling about with my travel card.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Aug 05, 2005, 14:17
And another detail: Why, if they thought he was that dangerous and had a bomb with him, did they not stop him before he got on the Number 2 bus to Stockwell? He would have been waiting at the bus stop for a while, but they let what they thought was a bomber get on a bus full of people and travel on it for 15 minutes before they decided to try and stop him.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index