Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Re: drudion
Sep 06, 2004, 14:35
Fugged if I know but maybe

A1: Don't watch TV, Don't read newspapers or listen to radio, think locally - love your neigbours.

or

A2 :Stick your underpants on your head & run down the street screaming 'We're all doomed'
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Sep 06, 2004, 15:13
Or both?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 06, 2004, 15:39
I'd be happy if I were the only human left alive. My best friend Randy was saying the same thing last night actually. Humanity is doomed anyways! No thanks to so-called 'progress' it doesn't look like we're gonna avoid our own destruction. If it's not violence I'm sure it will be Mad Cow Disease!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 06, 2004, 15:42
Hardly ever read much about it. Don't even read most of the news anymore. It's so sensationalist it makes me angry...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 06, 2004, 15:45
I was about 12 when I remember hearing about the Jim Jones mass suicide. I thought WTF?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 06, 2004, 15:46
I ain't that hopeful...
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Sep 06, 2004, 15:51
Neither am I. If the past two or three generations couldn't alter mankind's self-destructive streak, what hope is there for the next one? I've already made up my mind that I'm definitely never having kids for that reason.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 06, 2004, 15:58
And I couldn't even if I wanted to... Must be lucky in fact!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Sep 06, 2004, 16:20
Such a fuck up.

I have no idea what the hostage takers hoped to achieve through an act of such clear destructive potential, in all senses. But they achieved nothing.

I have no idea why anyone in the security agencies thought this situation could be handled by force. It's unlikely we'll ever know, but I'm sure that a large number of the dead will have been killed by those there to rescue/save them.

No winners. Just losers. It's been horrible.

Afghanistan, Iraq, The Sudan, Chechnya. And they're just the big ones that make the press.

I'm not even 1% religious and have been certain for years that human beings can & do guide themselves. I'm no more religious after last week, but I'm not so certain either.
grimo
grimo
145 posts

Sep 06, 2004, 16:49
Difficult to come to terms with it, the senselessness of it all, though if your country had had thousands of her women and children butchered without much international recognition of your plight, you might have a few hardliners who go crazy and depart from human behaviour into the realm of beasts.

Tragic postscript - Dubya will get more support now. He will be supported by the masses who see the Islamic threat as being ALWAYS around us as He always said it was. How ironic that this episode helps one of the most evil regimes in a year at a time when its' popularity fell and their rule loked shaky.

The answer to all this is too monstrous to behold in all probability

But is this enough to stop us havng children? No - we should focus on creating enlightened generations and making them more clued up about the world than we were. I don't think we should stop pro-creating n- that would deaden our world. As Cope mentioned - "Better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness."
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index