9547 posts

Re: As Michael Franti says
Sep 08, 2004, 18:10
Bush = Saddam baybee! Yeah.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: 1000 american dead
Sep 08, 2004, 18:12
He has everything to be proud of, doesn't he?
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Sep 09, 2004, 10:32
And unofficial reports put the death toll of Iraqis at something like 10,000...... in a war not of their own making.....
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: drudion
Sep 09, 2004, 12:30
I wasn't in any way suggesting that Islam is worse than Christianity or any other religion as far it being used to justify violence and atrocities. What I was talking about was the incompatablity in my mind of the teachings of ANY religion and committing acts as immoral as these terrorists did in Beslan. I'm aware that American's are claiming God to be on their side as they bomb and kill children in Iraq, as does Israel as they bomb innocent Palestinians too (and vice versa). And I find it equally incomprehensible. It's just that this thread is about Beslan. You only need to look at my reaction to American and Israeli attrocities on this site in the past to know I feel the same way about them. Still, you know all this really, don't you?

I must say I do despair at the fact that it seems the three religions that came from the so called 'Holy land' (ie: Christianity, Judaism and Islam) are the three religions most couched in fear and paranoia and have most often manifested themselves in oppression, intolerance and hatred, leading to violence, principally against each other. What a legacy of perpetual warmongering and venegeance they leave us.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Sep 09, 2004, 12:37
The fact that America doesn't keep any official figure of Iraqi dead is appalling and although I'm not that surprised (any figure at all wouldn't help in the propaganda war) I'm shocked they've been allowed to get away with it.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: drudion
Sep 09, 2004, 12:46
"they should realise that peace is a vote winner."

But that's what they say they're striving for. A while ago Bush said something as ridiculous as 'this is a just war for peace' or something in relation to the Iraq war. The politicians talk doublespeak, knowing the vast majority of the world's population want peace, but in their quest for global power governments have to wage wars, so they dress it up in the language of peace. Besides, it's politically useful to governments to have an outside enemy, because it distracts people from the disasters of thier domestic policies. Without the distraction of a war and the 'terrorist threat' American voters would be focusing in Bush's domestic record in power, and he'd be nowhere near as high in the polls as he currently is.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Sep 09, 2004, 12:49
Bush doesn't have enough digits
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Sep 09, 2004, 12:53
I've got a couple of digits for him.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Sep 09, 2004, 12:54
He should use binary. That way he could count up to 1111111111. Also, this would mean only 8 US soldiers had been killed.

yours,

uber-geek, PMM
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Sep 09, 2004, 13:00
Theres 11 kinds of people...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index