John Michell lecture

353 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited May 08, 2016, 08:37
Re: John Michell lecture
May 08, 2016, 08:29
PS Cerrig, I have to make it clear I'm still convinced that your “You (and your shadow)" remark to George was indeed a deliberate sideswipe at me, given that only he and I had commented negatively at that point. (Please note also Rhiannon's remark: “I actually thought the "shadow" remark also was pointed at Nigel. So if he thought it he wasn' t the only one”.) You yourself added further evidence by following up with two subtle digs at me (“not talking about you, for one simple reason, why would I ? ” and “why you would make a link that wasn't intended is a bit curious, unless you recognised that maybe it could have applied to you. But why would you do that?”) even though I hadn't said a word against you and twice tried to brush the whole thing off with cheerful references to how sunny it was. So no, denial not accepted I'm afraid.

To save you the trouble, no I shouldn't be analysing so closely and should get a life but I really don't see why you should get away with saying there's “absolutely no evidence for it” when there's oodles. Particularly in view of the irony that I believe there's “absolutely no evidence” for the earth energies bollocks whereas you think there is, presumably. Of course, if your book contains some I'll be absolutely delighted, honestly. Another gloriously warm day today, hooray.)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index