353 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Re: John Michell lecture
May 02, 2016, 16:41
tjj wrote:
tiompan wrote:
The fairies alien possible connection was noted by Jaques Vallee in the late 60's .
People imagine and like to believe all sorts , is that not the common denominator ?

If getting out in the countryside is considered to be positive ,the motives need not be , and the two shouldn't be conflated .Fox hunting and badger baiting not to mention dodgy political movements associated with the great outdoors come to mind .

Oh goody! Perhaps we can have a thread about the things we hate other people doing in the countryside, as well as the obvious ones mentioned above I hate 4x4 off-roaders. Apparently a line of them turned up on the edge of Salisbury Plain on Redhorn Hill yesterday, one of the end points on the Great Stones Walk, covering everyone in dust and mud.

I'm so full of hate.4x4' s ..grr. They own the roads you know, cos they're that much bigger ( I do a lot of driving.) Also Ferraris! Parked on the pristine grass just in front of the beautiful little church next door to my place of work. Grass churned up. So, charge him, he can afford it. Wanker. Sorry, not TMA or ethical really seeing as I'm a fellow polluter:)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index