Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Help needed identifying mystery feature, and who to report finds to - Galloway

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Help needed identifying mystery feature, and who to report finds to - Galloway
Nov 13, 2015, 00:02
Cheers. Would like to take you up on that. I'm doing a bit more browsing, and have no wish to 'wind up' or make fanciful suggestions, but when you see my fieldnotes and pix, plus the backup aerial shots I've found on the net, I don't think you'll find a run down the Mull a wasted trip. Ditto Wren's Egg. Very soon - I'm trying to sort my end of year accounts at the moment too. I will be as detailed as possible. Have a look at the unmarked mound by Terally stone as well if you've time. You've no idea how frustrating it is not being able to get back till sometime next year - I'm kicking myself that I didn't check out some things at the South Rhins sites.. I was on a timer, moving from the North Rhins to camp at Port William the following day, and had a further three sites I wanted to do that evening. Had I seen the aerial shots at the time then I'd have dropped anchor, full stop. And packed some canes and a tape measure.... If you're sufficiently intrigued by the stuff I'm going to upload when you see it I'm fine with exchanging pms. I just hope my tech issues enable pix as well as detailed blurb and aerial pic links - though the latter are good enough on their own, and Wren's Egg can be examined by reference to enlargements of pre-existing TMA images, so the worse case scenario is an absence of closeups. It's amazing what you may stumble upon if you venture a bit further away from known sites and fieldwalk...
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index