Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Help needed identifying mystery feature, and who to report finds to - Galloway

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Help needed identifying mystery feature, and who to report finds to - Galloway
Nov 12, 2015, 20:53
tiompan wrote:

I'll be nearer to D&G than you but it still takes 3 and half hours driving to get there ,so it's not a regular visiting area . It'll take HD a wee while too .

I'm 2 hours from Newton Stewart and know my Galloway, short-cuts, routes and roads well. Day trips are hard in the Winter months due to such short days, though Galloway skies are big and have great light
Just spent a week in Gatehouse of Fleet a few weeks back and just down in D&G last weekend for some Salmon fishing on the Urr (the water was too high - and rising!). I'll be close by Wren's Egg and Nest when I whip out my rod and air my flies on the Bladnoch in a week or two. Happy to check out anything in The Machars/ Wigtown Peninsula (Newton Stewart - Whithorn - Glen Luce Triangle). The Rhins and New Luce/ Barrrhill/ Ballantrae triangle will probably have to wait for Spring and more light in the day as it is a musch lenthier trip. But I'd be fascinated to hear more details and see some pics.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index