259 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: Detailed pictures
Sep 14, 2012, 15:59
Rhiannon wrote:
One thing though Bladup. How do you know how much of the images / symbols you saw when taking the mushrooms (or whatever plant) were due to your expectations?

That is to say, did you and your friends see certain things because you'd already read about / discussed these energies or possible meanings of the carvings?

I've read about people taking ayahuasca in south america and seeing the types of patterns reported by the local people. Without controlled experiment, how can we know how much is due to cultural expectation, how much is personal expectation, how much is down to the physiological effects of those particular chemicals in the brain? We don't have the same cultural or personal expectations as the neolithic people, surely?

No expectations at all because we didn't know the stone we were looking at had rock art until it happened, i was at ilkley to visit the stone circle and wasn't even interested in rock art back then [it's what made me interested], scientist's have done loads of tests in labs and people constantly reports seeing images that you see all the time at rock art sites, we do a similar thing but at the sites, and that's when it all makes sense, like i said to understand [ or disagree ] go to a site brew up or eat a 1000 liberty caps and sit and look at the rock [ one with abstract art, not one with a map of the region ], you'll then understand rock art in a way you didn't before, even if you can't get to a rock art stone you can try it on one without as you will still see the energy the stone holds very clearly anyway.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index