Sep 14, 2012, 14:16
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/latest/
I have to keep quiet on the site of this one , for various reasons , hence the site name.
Is a good example ,(also of a boss ). They are rare ,particularly in the open air . More often found in funerary contexts like cists .

Wow, thats fantastic. Your find?

Yes , under a tree ,so god knows what might be close by .

It appears to have a 'ditch and bank' to it George, would that be right?

Or two. !

Those 'ripples' that bladup mentioned?

In rock art [ I've seen lots ], I've seen carved and pecked enclosures and forts, sometimes even with the huts pecked in, hut circles and farmstead themselves, maybe even with the amount of people living in them [pecked in the image of a hut] at the time of the carving, places for water [still water like wells and moving water like springs], places for food [hunting spots], images of the sun, moon and stars, cairns, ringcairns, stone circles and henges, fords to cross rivers, where to find the right stone [ strong enough ] to make axes, pathways, rivers and there's always a way to orientate yourself with the landscape around the stone. Remember a lot of places would have been wooded and everyone knows how hard it is to orientate yourself in woods and last but not least abstract images of what they saw on the hallucinogens that culture loved so much, so some of the art is therefore very similar to aboriginal dreamtime rock art [ which isn't as old ], as in whats drawn can only be seen on the hallucinogens, so these things won't really make much sense to us without having the hallucinogens in that landscape ourselves, i had lots of mushrooms up on ilkley moor once and saw energy spirals and pattens match the carvings on the rocks perfectly, as did the 2 people with me. Whatever way you look at it they are maps of physical things in the landscape and the natural energies within the landscape as well, that's why most people can't see the whole picture and therefore put ideas on the way the ancient people thought that they would never have thought about themselves and therefore would have meant nothing to them in there real lives back then, everything mentioned above WOULD have meant something to them though. I don't think the so called experts can see the wood for the trees, take the sweetie jar thing [wisdom of the masses] where they ask 1000 people and they'll always get right near the answer, well if you use that same thing in rock art the main answer you'd get back is some kind of map, so to me it that's another reason to prove they're maps, so called experts look to far into it and therefore overcomplicate it, take a stand back and look, you may even see that the trees are made of wood.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index