259 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Sep 14, 2012, 18:55
Re: Detailed pictures
Sep 14, 2012, 18:18
I'm glad your son is fine now Roy - its true that whilst the majority are ok and live to write their autobiography, a few don't come back. Syd Barratt springs to mind.

The opening of the 'gates of perception' is an interesting phenomena and I understand LSD and magic mushrooms do help. But I wonder how many of the great visionary artists and poets (e.g. William Blake) actually used mind altering substances. That's a question not a statement.

Sometimes I think it just happens without any help from anything other than the 'spirit of the natural world'. I may have recounted this before but I'll say it again - the first time I ever really saw the stars, really saw them, was out by Silbury one very cold frosty New Year's Eve. I wasn't expecting it, got out of the car I was a passenger in and was totally blown away by the millions of bright stars that seemed almost close enough to touch. The person I was with didn't have the same experience and its never happened again with quite the same intensity. I was completely sober/straight.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index