6219 posts

Re: Women Rambler Kills Cow
Sep 05, 2011, 19:11
Sanctuary wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
Just wondered if it had ever happened.

Yep, right here in Drewrobi
http://www.worldofstock.com/stock_photos/PWO8739.php

Hmm, not entirely sure she's a rambler though. The outfit doesn't look quite right somehow.
scubi63
463 posts

Sep 05, 2011, 19:53
tjj wrote:
.....Ragwort is very poisonous to horses.

Whilst Ragwort is poisonous it probably doesn't deserve so much of the bad press it gets.

Here are a couple of links to balance the argument...especially the horsey bits!

http://www.ragwortfacts.com/
http://www.swanseafoe.org.uk/ragwort-the-sense-and-the-nonsense.html

:o)
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Sep 06, 2011, 00:54
Sep 05, 2011, 20:23
Thank you - interesting links. It was someone who used to keep horses who told me that ragwort was poisonous to them. However I understand it has some curative properties too plus can be used as a dye.
tomwatts
376 posts

Sep 06, 2011, 14:40
St. An Drews
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Sep 06, 2011, 15:56
tomwatts wrote:
St. An Drews

My summer residence and a nice place to visit, often cheers people up when they feel below par.
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Sep 07, 2011, 17:27
Never understood that phrase as a golfer (sorry!).

Below Par = Good
Above Par = Bad

Par for the course = neither good or bad, just, well, par for the course. Which does make sense I suppose being whats expected.

Anyway, there, that's my 3 monthly MA post.

As you were!
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Sep 07, 2011, 21:28
At my summer residence older people listen to the Eagles and do the Birdie dance, as I give younger folk a guided tour of various 19ths often listening to Albatross, I get taxied about by my Driver called Mac Fleet Wood(s), a real Tiger of a man, my favourite pub is the Chip and Putt and in the afternoon I have some Tee. Sometimes I listen to the gang of Four but never Five as they are a Bogey and a severe Handicap. La la la la la la...................
tomwatts
376 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 00:00
........you got it whole in one.......
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 00:43
tomwatts wrote:

Bloody chaffeur manged to Drive my brand new car, a Golf, Out Of Bounds, into the Sand. Luckily a short distance away, nothing more than a Pitch and Wedge, Wei found our way out of the Hole and went Straight Down The Middle to the Royal and Ancient (some say Prehistoric) pub. After a couple of Rounds and a Sandwedge I went home by foot despite the fact it was a Fair Way to go back to my (Club) house.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 10:11
drewbhoy wrote:
tomwatts wrote:

Bloody chaffeur manged to Drive my brand new car, a Golf, Out Of Bounds, into the Sand. Luckily a short distance away, nothing more than a Pitch and Wedge, Wei found our way out of the Hole and went Straight Down The Middle to the Royal and Ancient (some say Prehistoric) pub. After a couple of Rounds and a Sandwedge I went home by foot despite the fact it was a Fair Way to go back to my (Club) house.

Must have been quite a Handicap for you Drew!
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index