I walked into that one, me.
:-D
TE.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Re: Women Rambler Kills Cow
Sep 12, 2011, 09:25
More code, you are a very naughty boy!!!!!
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Sep 12, 2011, 15:26
drewbhoy wrote:
Don't know, but the treatment of henge at Muir Of Ord is a disgrace whilst the people at Kintore deserve a fair amount of praise for keeping the cairn in good order. As for Cleaved Head, the people in Macduff simple don't know, maybe that is more Historic Scotland's fault. I'm sure the Grinago Stone will survive a few golf balls hitting it.

These poor things have taken a terrible pounding from the balls bouncing around on the Lundin Ladies Golf Club in Fife.

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/img_fullsize/71051.jpg
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Sep 12, 2011, 18:28
Howburn Digger wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
Don't know, but the treatment of henge at Muir Of Ord is a disgrace whilst the people at Kintore deserve a fair amount of praise for keeping the cairn in good order. As for Cleaved Head, the people in Macduff simple don't know, maybe that is more Historic Scotland's fault. I'm sure the Grinago Stone will survive a few golf balls hitting it.

These poor things have taken a terrible pounding from the balls bouncing around on the Lundin Ladies Golf Club in Fife.

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/img_fullsize/71051.jpg

Cracking pic tho. Cheers Howie!
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Sep 12, 2011, 18:30
Sanctuary wrote:
goffik wrote:
I seem to recall a bit of rockary (and a hillfort!) being on a golf course that Hob took us to in Northumberland - Dod Law! That was it!

Ooh, and the wells on ruddy golf courses, I ask yer... Several in Cornwall alone (Cubert, Jesus & St Constantine spring (haha) immediately to mind.

Always worried about being walloped in the ear by a high speed golf ball on a cold, wintry day! :/

G x

The four guys tee'd balls up and fired then straight at us!! Haaaaaa haaaaaa. Those were the days!

Crikey Roy I have led a sheltered life which is just as well as it is absolutely 'hoaching doon' here.
tomwatts
376 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 01:05
Anybody fancy a Pringle?
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 10:33
Golf garment or crisps? Sometimes I get confused and find the wool very difficult to eat. The crisps are also very difficult to wear. When it rains it causes severe itching. In fact you could say I need to Scratch often bringing a Water Hazard to my eyes.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 14:03
drewbhoy wrote:
Golf garment or crisps? Sometimes I get confused and find the wool very difficult to eat. The crisps are also very difficult to wear. When it rains it causes severe itching. In fact you could say I need to Scratch often bringing a Water Hazard to my eyes.

I've seen Walkers wear those crisps when they are Chipping. They cost a tidy Wedge too and use a card with a Pin to pay for them.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index