tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Women Rambler Kills Cow
Sep 04, 2011, 20:37
drewbhoy wrote:
Just wondered if it had ever happened.

As in man bites dog?

I'm a woman, and a rambler - can't say I've heard of one of us killing a cow (except by proxy in the supermarket). Quite like cows as it happens, though usually preoccupied looking at wild flowers etc. ;o)
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Sep 04, 2011, 21:33
tjj wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:

As in man bites dog?

I'm a woman, and a rambler - can't say I've heard of one of us killing a cow (except by proxy in the supermarket). Quite like cows as it happens, though usually preoccupied looking at wild flowers etc. ;o)

Wild flowers killing cows, now that would be something :-)
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Sep 04, 2011, 21:42
drewbhoy wrote:
tjj wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:

As in man bites dog?

Wild flowers killing cows, now that would be something :-)

That can happen, many wild flowers are poisonous - I read somewhere that buttercups are poisonous to cattle. Ragwort is very poisonous to horses.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Sep 04, 2011, 22:07
You considered a job as a newspaper sub-editor? Somewhere like The Sport, perhaps.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 05, 2011, 08:27
drewbhoy wrote:

Yep, right here in Drewrobi
http://www.worldofstock.com/stock_photos/PWO8739.php
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Sep 05, 2011, 11:36
thesweetcheat wrote:
You considered a job as a newspaper sub-editor? Somewhere like The Sport, perhaps.

Sub editor hmmmmmmmmmmm. That means I'd have to make sure nobody gangs up on anybody, easy job!
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Sep 05, 2011, 11:39
I have heard that about ragwort plus it can give very serious rashes to humans as well. The banks of the River Deveron were infested with the stuff until they cleaned it up with the help of some kind of Japanese bug which seemed to kill the plant.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Sep 05, 2011, 11:59
Sanctuary wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:

Yep, right here in Drewrobi
http://www.worldofstock.com/stock_photos/PWO8739.php

Drewrobi, you just made that up. You should use real place names like Stanton Drew and Drewland.
Resonox
604 posts

Sep 05, 2011, 17:35
drewbhoy wrote:
I have heard that about ragwort plus it can give very serious rashes to humans as well. The banks of the River Deveron were infested with the stuff until they cleaned it up with the help of some kind of Japanese bug which seemed to kill the plant.

Now they need some Japanese amphibians to eat the bugs which are taking a foothold...then they''ll need some Japanese birds to eat the amphibians before they push out the indigenous stock...then some mammals to kill off the birds....then plant some ragwort to kill off the mammals....and so it circles endlessly.
Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index