Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Re: Northern get-together 2009
Dec 19, 2008, 18:35
nigelswift wrote:
Hi Vicster (and other friends in the North)

I was hoping we could settle the date of the Avebury meet by Xmas as people will be starting to plan holidays etc soon, so it would be helpful if you could put your minds to a date soon to avoid a clash.

I am presuming it would be a weekend (?) so anytime after Easter would be fine for me, hopefully the weather would be getting a wee bit warmer then and if we avoid big holiday times (school holidays etc) it shouldn't be too difficult for folks, travel wise. Cumbria can get very crowded!!

I really like Hob's idea of staying over and doing the big sites one day then onto Langdale the next, Vicky and I would certainly be up for that (I presume it will involve a night spent in a pub, which can only add to the fun!)
DaveF
45 posts

Dec 22, 2008, 22:16
Not been around for a while, but being from Leeds this sounds like a great chance to meet some people from here

The ODG has a great little walkers bar if I remember correctly (years since I stopped there)

No one has mentioned circle at Ulverston great views over Morecambe bay and driveable if taking in sunkenkirk
baza
baza
1308 posts

Mysterious Earth Conference 2009
Dec 24, 2008, 13:58
Btw,

is anyone on here going to this?

http://www.megalithictours.com/Conference%202009.html

I am.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Dec 24, 2008, 16:45
Littlestone wrote:
This is beginning to sound very good :-)

It certainly is ... any dates yet?
DaveF
45 posts

Re: Mysterious Earth Conference 2009
Dec 24, 2008, 23:11
The Megaltihic Tours guys were at Castlerigg for the Solstice

They mentioned this in the cafe after down in Keswick after the sunrise

Will check my diary
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Re: Mysterious Earth Conference 2009
Dec 31, 2008, 13:27
DaveF wrote:
The Megaltihic Tours guys were at Castlerigg for the Solstice

They mentioned this in the cafe after down in Keswick after the sunrise

Will check my diary

Some interesting topics but the whole crop-circle, re-birthing stuff is far too New Age-y for me, I am afraid. Shame though, some of it looks OK

Vx
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Dec 31, 2008, 13:31
Jane wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
This is beginning to sound very good :-)

It certainly is ... any dates yet?

Just an idea - how about the weekend of 19th - 21st June?? No school holidays, weather may be more clement (although no promises as this is Cumbria) and I have an idea that it may be quite a significant date for some strange reason?????

I can post some details of local B&Bs if you want and we can take if from there?

Let me know what you think

Vxx
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Edited Jan 01, 2009, 01:07
Jan 01, 2009, 01:05
Just an idea - how about the weekend of 19th - 21st June?? No school holidays, weather may be more clement (although no promises as this is Cumbria) and I have an idea that it may be quite a significant date for some strange reason?????

I can post some details of local B&Bs if you want and we can take if from there?

Vxx

That weekend sounds pretty good actually (it's the one weekend in summer when the Avebury Megameet would probably not take place). Info on B&Bs up your way would be great.
scubi63
463 posts

Jan 01, 2009, 11:22
Littlestone wrote:

Vxx

That weekend sounds pretty good actually (it's the one weekend in summer when the Avebury Megameet would probably not take place). Info on B&Bs up your way would be great.

I would like to attend as it sounds like a good reason for exploring that part of the world (not that I really need one). Therefore, if we can get a date sorted then I can organise the time off with work.
And getting some ideas of B&B's in the area would be great.

Not sure if Rex will be able to attend as he has been through the mill a bit lately and may not be up to it.

Happy New Year to all by the way

:o)

Scubes
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jan 01, 2009, 11:37
Happy New Year everyone!

Not sure if Rex will be able to attend as he has been through the mill a bit lately and may not be up to it.

Ach! sorry to hear that scubi. Be good if you can make it though. If the weekend of the 19th-21st June is the one our northern friends are planning on, maybe the Avebury Meet could be held at the end of July or beginning of August.

Nigel, what do you think?
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index