Cumbria »
Northern get-together 2009

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MegalithicNeil
7 posts

Re: Mysterious Earth Conference 2009
Jan 06, 2009, 10:38
I think you would enjoy it, it sounds like the tours would be just your sort of thin!!
dee
1955 posts

Jan 06, 2009, 12:49
Nice one, I'll be in touch ;-)
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Re: Northern get-together 2009
Jan 06, 2009, 13:18
FourWinds wrote:
Without having to read/reread this thread, is there a date set yet?

there was a suggestion of 19-21st June but no-one has either agreed, disagreed or suggested an alternative yet!!!

i can do any weekend in June so if anyone has a perference, i am quite happy to go along with it

Ta

Vx
Stoneshifter
379 posts

Jan 06, 2009, 15:20
Where are you based, Fazakerley? Are you interested in initiating tours to newly found sites or just the accustomed ones? I know of a couple who run wild tours around the Roman Wall - they had a good write up in the Guardian in the summer. I know of new sites in SW Northumberland and Bolton, Lancashire. Nobody touring them yet.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Northern get-together 2009
Jan 06, 2009, 15:25
Vicster wrote:
FourWinds wrote:

there was a suggestion of 19-21st June but no-one has either agreed, disagreed or suggested an alternative yet!!!

i can do any weekend in June so if anyone has a perference, i am quite happy to go along with it

Ta

Vx

Any date in June or July is OK with me.
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

How's this for a date?
Jan 07, 2009, 11:20
Littlestone wrote:
Vicster wrote:
FourWinds wrote:

Ta

Vx

Any date in June or July is OK with me.

OK having taken into consideration the fact that some sites such as Long Meg and Castlerigg will be SWAMPED over the solstice weekend, how about 13th-14th June instead?
The travelodge on the A66 is £56 per night per room but there are other places around too.

Any takers?

Vx
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: How's this for a date?
Jan 07, 2009, 11:25
OK having taken into consideration the fact that some sites such as Long Meg and Castlerigg will be SWAMPED over the solstice weekend, how about 13th-14th June instead?

Sounds good (that's about six weeks between the northern and southern meets which is about right).
Stoneshifter
379 posts

Jan 07, 2009, 13:10
As a monument, myself, I'll be on view then. (Seeing is believing). But the weather can still be chilly, in the north, then. Often it's hot at the middle of May for about three weeks and then it turns cold again.
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Jan 07, 2009, 13:16
Stoneshifter wrote:
As a monument, myself, I'll be on view then. (Seeing is believing). But the weather can still be chilly, in the north, then. Often it's hot at the middle of May for about three weeks and then it turns cold again.

Last year during the first week in April I got really badly burnt whilst camping in Cumbria. This year, same weekend, it snowed.

I don't think we can rely on any time of year to guarantee good weather up here, I am afraid!!
Vx
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jan 07, 2009, 14:23
There's plenty of camping sites on the facilities list on the Castlerigg site, and some hotels,(pubs seem miles off) as well for people to arrange accomodation...Fancy the Scarfell Hotel, once stayed there years and years ago, it was sort of in the middle of nowhere if I remember.........

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/70/castlerigg.html
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index