Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Edited Jul 03, 2009, 02:07
Re: 2009 Avebury Megameet - Other Events
Jul 03, 2009, 00:17
"TMA members are welcome to join the temporary camp on condition that they participate in at least one of the pagan ceremonies and/or the Lammas games. This is a stipulation made by the NT for allowing the pagan community to use the car park."

What?
You have an offical NT source for this Andy?
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Jul 03, 2009, 00:44
this has been sent to to various Avebury websites after solstice

" Tilia:
Was at Avebury yesterday for solstice celebration - would like to ask who the objectionable (and rather grubby) Druid was who swore and carried on at the wiccans who had just had a circle. I asked the NT woman, and she said he was the self appointed keeper of the stones....self appointed? That means without any authority but his own? Right. He was rude and not a good advertisment for Druidry or Avebury. The NT should be aware."

Are you saying that the NT will only allow people to camp as long as they listen to terrys rantings?
There are other pagans groups who want nothing to do with this bloke but who come to Avebury for their own spiritual purposes.
Having to attend a compulsory ceremony is outrageous!
megadread
1202 posts

Jul 03, 2009, 01:36
Chance wrote:
It is worth mentioning that there will be several of events happening at Avebury on 1st August 2009

Terry the Druid will be carrying out the annual Lammas ceremony in the morning.

This will involve a gathering in the sun circle followed by the procession to Silbury Hill. He will then climb the hill and give blessings for a successful harvest with the Lammas cakes. After the descent there will be another ceremony and the processional walk back to Avebury for the distribution of the Lammas cakes.

There will be a free and open Gorsedd of Caer Abiri in the sun circle at 14:00 followed by the Lammas games in the Moon circle at approx 14:30.

As these events are part of the annual pagan calendar, the NT will allow camping in the car park on Friday July 30th and Saturday the 1st of August. ALL tents must be removed and the area returned to normal by 16:00 hours on Sunday 2nd August.

TMA members are welcome to join the temporary camp on condition that they participate in at least one of the pagan ceremonies and/or the Lammas games. This is a stipulation made by the NT for allowing the pagan community to use the car park. Please respect this.

Video of previous Lammas events can be seen on my UTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/chippychance

Chance

so i should title my e-mail to the NT "descrimination at avebury"
Thanks for that.
I'll elaborate.
whilst i have respesct for all religious groups this is totally outrageous, if when i point out to the NT that i have no intention of listening to terry they refuse to let me camp in the car park i'll sue their ass off just for the hell of it, who the hell has the right to force me listen to the crap he spouts just so i can secure a pitch for my tent.
This is pure bollox and and if it's correct i'll fight it with every ounce of my being.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Other Events
Jul 03, 2009, 02:00
Someone on the Sacred Silbury forum has asked me to post this here

"Have the National Trust done a CRB check on this man before they force members of the public with their children to be in his company?
If not why not.?
The NT have got a duty of care to the public!"
megadread
1202 posts

Re: Other Events
Jul 03, 2009, 02:17
Pete G wrote:

"Have the National Trust done a CRB check on this man before they force members of the public with their children to be in his company?
If not why not.?

One of many issues the NT have to answer for if this is true.
I've e-mailed them for clarification.
Whilst i have no problem with terry and his followers or anyone else for that matter doing their thing this rule shall stand over my dead body.
moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Jul 03, 2009, 08:10
Jul 03, 2009, 08:05
This is all rather unfair and silly though... Its a wide open space at Avebury no one will be forcing you to stand and listen anyway. I (as a neutral non-religo) have walked round and listened to Terry on a couple of Pagan events and not been affected by anything he said ;) - and it is a 'special event' in the Pagan calendar with more pagans coming from afar needing camping facilities..
As for 'scurrilous' remarks on other websites bought on to TMA thats not on....
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jul 03, 2009, 12:46
Jul 03, 2009, 09:03
megadread wrote:
Pete G wrote:

If not why not.?

One of many issues the NT have to answer for if this is true.
I've e-mailed them for clarification.
Whilst i have no problem with terry and his followers or anyone else for that matter doing their thing this rule shall stand over my dead body.

Blimey, heavy stuff ...

When did Lammas at Avebury become a political football.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 03, 2009, 10:38
moss wrote:
'scurrilous'

Open and shut libellous I'd have thought.

Any chance this "issue" could be taken away to a different thread?
Everyone who has attended previous megameets is always saying how amazingly nice everyone was and what a happy day was had, it's a shame to have the thread advertising it not reflecting the same atmosphere and maybe putting new people off.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: 2009 Avebury Megameet & Megapicnic
Jul 03, 2009, 11:12
scubi63 wrote:

Do not worry though, under strict instructions from Jane I am writing a 'bit' of a blog about the Northern MM and my travels around Cumbria.
I will post shortly with a bit of luck and if I can pull my finger out!

hurrah!!! *cracks whips* can't wait to read your blog, scubes!
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Jul 03, 2009, 14:33
Chance wrote:
It is worth mentioning that there will be several of events happening at Avebury on 1st August 2009

Terry the Druid will be carrying out the annual Lammas ceremony in the morning.

This will involve a gathering in the sun circle followed by the procession to Silbury Hill. He will then climb the hill and give blessings for a successful harvest with the Lammas cakes. After the descent there will be another ceremony and the processional walk back to Avebury for the distribution of the Lammas cakes.

There will be a free and open Gorsedd of Caer Abiri in the sun circle at 14:00 followed by the Lammas games in the Moon circle at approx 14:30.

As these events are part of the annual pagan calendar, the NT will allow camping in the car park on Friday July 30th and Saturday the 1st of August. ALL tents must be removed and the area returned to normal by 16:00 hours on Sunday 2nd August.

TMA members are welcome to join the temporary camp on condition that they participate in at least one of the pagan ceremonies and/or the Lammas games. This is a stipulation made by the NT for allowing the pagan community to use the car park. Please respect this.

Video of previous Lammas events can be seen on my UTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/chippychance

Chance

You mean Blanket Bloke !

:oD
Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index