This topic is locked

Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: 2009 Avebury Megameet
Dec 20, 2008, 07:48
Just putting this thread up for discussion for the month of the meet, what about July?, completely random choice by the way but it should get things started for those who can't make it.... July has saturday dates of 4/11/18/25.... no-one can predict the weather either here or up north, if its another rotten year of miserable weather so be it...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 20, 2008, 09:08
4/11/18/25 July?......

And a secondary question if I may, how about the South Circle this time?

(I like people watching and I sometimes think our gatherings at the Cove look like we're excluding others from dropping in, a bit like a Moonies AGM....)
amd
28 posts

Dec 20, 2008, 09:31
We attended a birthday party in the South-East circle one year, great atmosphere with all the other visitors around. High cake quotient too.

July sound good to me

Amd
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Dec 20, 2008, 09:54
4/11/18/25 July?......

And a secondary question if I may, how about the South Circle this time?

Aye, any of those dates, and the south-east quadrant is a very good idea. This is a nice spot - http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/img_fullsize/71711.jpg - bit of shade if we're lucky enough to have a nice day, slightly away from the crowds but close enough to see people.
amd
28 posts

Dec 20, 2008, 17:52
Littlestone wrote:
[quote]...This is a nice spot - http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/img_fullsize/71711.jpg - bit of shade if we're lucky enough to have a nice day, slightly away from the crowds but close enough to see people.

Weather permitting we'll be similary recumbent!

Agreed a good spot, though can I suggest that if there's sheep around that we select a spot just E of the Ring stone instead. That will give them the rest of the quadrant to roam without getting tense. They use paths into the ditch over by that recumbent too. That would put us wide of the usual pedestrian routes and give the sheep some breathing space if its busy.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Dec 20, 2008, 19:31
Agreed a good spot, though can I suggest that if there's sheep around that we select a spot just E of the Ring stone instead. That will give them the rest of the quadrant to roam without getting tense. They use paths into the ditch over by that recumbent too. That would put us wide of the usual pedestrian routes and give the sheep some breathing space if its busy.

Aye, the sheep and their droppings can be pesky - definitely worth bringing something to sit on!
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jan 01, 2009, 18:44
July 25th or August 1st has been suggested, any objections to either one?
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jan 01, 2009, 19:07
moss wrote:
July 25th or August 1st has been suggested, any objections to either one?

August 1st sounds good :-)
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Jan 01, 2009, 19:15
It will almost certainly be *much* busier than normal on Lammas weekend, so probably not a god idea?
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jan 03, 2009, 12:12
ocifant wrote:
It will almost certainly be *much* busier than normal on Lammas weekend, so probably not a god idea?

Aye, I'd forgotten that Mr o, but on reflection it might not be a bad thing. It's quite a while now since I was there on Lammas but don't think it was that busy - not like the solstice. And Avebury is big enough for people with various interests to meet up in different spots - and it might be nice to mingle a bit with some of them at the Lion.

Just a thought.
Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index