Ynys Môn

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Ynys Môn
Aug 24, 2006, 17:36
Tomorrow morning we're off to Anglesey for a week :-) I can't wait to see Bryn Celli Ddu and we're staying a spit away from Barclodiad-y-Gawres. Oooh, don't you just love all the funky islands we have off the coast of our small land?

Play nicely while we're away! And if you can't, try pronouncing this: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Hwyl fawr!
J
xx
whatisthat
255 posts

Re: Ynys Môn
Aug 24, 2006, 17:58
Jane wrote:
... we're off to Anglesey for a week ...

Have a nice time y'all. Don't forget to catch Brenig or Tal y Fan or even Rhyl on the way up :-).
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Aug 24, 2006, 18:06
Another holiday?!

Have fun - we did Anglesey in a day, but I missed the Holyhead area completely. There are some cracking sites there though... looking forward to seeing the sketchbook at the end :-)
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 24, 2006, 19:24
Mwynhau! xx ;)
Pixxx
Pixxx
211 posts

Edited Aug 25, 2006, 11:00
Aug 25, 2006, 10:59
BLeurgh Anglesey gah! Can't stand the place. The car broke down and the garage were no help, a long boring story which I won't relate here, suffice to say it was a NIGHTMARE. My daughter cut her foot badly and the people in the hospital (which I'd struggled to get her to due to lack of a car) refused to speak any english - I could understand it in a foriegn country but in Wales? And I was asked to stop playing my accordion on a beach by a coastguard where the were no people for bloody miles!! And the shopkeepers chuck your change at you.

We went to see Bryn Celli Ddu (really sweet, by the way) and as we pulled into the carpark there was another car parked there with its window smashed, as we walked towards the monument a young couple approached us, the lady with two walking sticks walking very very slowly, indicative of some mobility handicap. We asked them if they'd parked in the carpark, yes they had, we then told them that the window was smashed, turned out this womans handbag, due to her mobility she'd left it in the car to save carrying it, was in the car with passprts, driving license, etc etc in as they were on their way to a hotel... I know it was their fault for leaving it there, but still, bastards!!

We went back again cos we thought we'd just been unlucky but the locals were just as rude, so we buggered off to Ireland and had a fantastic time. It pissed it down the whole time and we were camping with three kids but we had one of the best holidays ever.

I hope you meet some nice Anglesinians, I'm sure there are some, however I will not be going back to check.

That said, the sites are really nice, have a good time.

;-)

Pix xx
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 25, 2006, 11:35
North Wales is a foreign country to us South Walians Pix.
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Aug 25, 2006, 11:48
Pixxx wrote:
BLeurgh Anglesey gah! Can't stand the place. The car broke down and the garage were no help, a long boring story which I won't relate here, suffice to say it was a NIGHTMARE. My daughter cut her foot badly and the people in the hospital (which I'd struggled to get her to due to lack of a car) refused to speak any english - I could understand it in a foriegn country but in Wales? And I was asked to stop playing my accordion on a beach by a coastguard where the were no people for bloody miles!! And the shopkeepers chuck your change at you.

We went to see Bryn Celli Ddu (really sweet, by the way) and as we pulled into the carpark there was another car parked there with its window smashed, as we walked towards the monument a young couple approached us, the lady with two walking sticks walking very very slowly, indicative of some mobility handicap. We asked them if they'd parked in the carpark, yes they had, we then told them that the window was smashed, turned out this womans handbag, due to her mobility she'd left it in the car to save carrying it, was in the car with passprts, driving license, etc etc in as they were on their way to a hotel... I know it was their fault for leaving it there, but still, bastards!!

We went back again cos we thought we'd just been unlucky but the locals were just as rude, so we buggered off to Ireland and had a fantastic time. It pissed it down the whole time and we were camping with three kids but we had one of the best holidays ever.

I hope you meet some nice Anglesinians, I'm sure there are some, however I will not be going back to check.

That said, the sites are really nice, have a good time.

;-)

Pix xx

Wonder if the Welsh or Irish tourists boards ever surf around here. ;-)
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 25, 2006, 12:05
They know my feelings. ;)))))) xx
Pixxx
Pixxx
211 posts

Aug 28, 2006, 14:47
So I've heard!

Will come back to Wales soon, I promise!!

Pix xx
Pixxx
Pixxx
211 posts

Aug 28, 2006, 14:47
I do hope so!
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index