Ynys Môn

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Re: Ynys Môn
Aug 29, 2006, 18:30
I remember getting a platform ticket at Llanfair PG - a long time ago. The station platforms were a bit windswept but swamped by bright flowers in pots and barrows ...
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 18:37
Not i, i thought it was hysterically funny. ;) x
whatisthat
255 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 19:38
supercat wrote:
Ouch! let's agree to disagree. Please. ;) xx

'gree 'gree.

With greatest respect to Pixx's unfortunate experiences (sorry about that Pixx - hope the next visit is better), he obviously had a big (negative) point to make judging by the length and detail of his original post/story and as this is a forum and I hate mindless stereotyping, I think it deserved a another point of view.

Hey supercat, us Welsh residents should stick together. BTW I am an incomer - as English as Pixx. And if it really was as bad as downtown Bagdad (the only dark looks I have had are from hungry sheep) then I would be long lomg gone :-).
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 19:42
;D cheers! xx yes we should. Hiraeth!
Pixxx
Pixxx
211 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 20:55
whatisthat wrote:
supercat wrote:
Ouch! let's agree to disagree. Please. ;) xx

'gree 'gree.

With greatest respect to Pixx's unfortunate experiences (sorry about that Pixx - hope the next visit is better), he obviously had a big (negative) point to make judging by the length and detail of his original post/story and as this is a forum and I hate mindless stereotyping, I think it deserved a another point of view.

Hey supercat, us Welsh residents should stick together. BTW I am an incomer - as English as Pixx. And if it really was as bad as downtown Bagdad (the only dark looks I have had are from hungry sheep) then I would be long lomg gone :-).

Okay - last point.

This mindless stereotyping - I'm a girl!!

Pix xx
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Back from Ynys Môn...
Aug 31, 2006, 11:18
... on day early due to the rain :-(

However, it is very beautiful and has some cracking burial chambers. Barclodiad y Gawres was opposite our cottage on the clifftops!!!

The people we met were friendly and helpful, especially the woman in the local shop who laughed at my feeble but heartfelt attempts to speak Welsh, and the skipper of the fishing boat was a delight. The local farmer waved everytime he went past our cottage in his landy and the staff at the RSPB bird sanctuary were very chatty. I guess it helps to smile and say 'bore da' and 'diolch yn fawr'.

Photos, sketches and perhaps a blog soon...
J
xxxx
whatisthat
255 posts

Aug 31, 2006, 11:34
Pixxx wrote:
[I'm a girl!!
Pix xx

Whoops, many apologies.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: Back from Ynys Môn...
Aug 31, 2006, 13:01
Here's a blog about the beaches of Anglesey, complete with sketches
http://www.janetomlinson.com/journal/index.php?id=169
J
x
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Edited Aug 31, 2006, 13:57
Aug 31, 2006, 13:49
Jane, that was a delight to read and to see. You are a very talented lady. xx Viv . I'm glad you enjoyed (apart from the weather) ;)
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Aug 31, 2006, 14:08
That's a beauty of the purple heather from the top of South Stack :-)
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index