Aug 29, 2006, 16:36
remember Shadwell ?

( ) Shadwell ...
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: Ynys Môn
Aug 29, 2006, 16:42
"Siadwell" or i should say John Sparkes, is our friends best mate, he's from Gowerton, the next village to us. ;D xx we're very proud of him.
Pixxx
Pixxx
211 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 17:08
whatisthat wrote:
Pixxx wrote:
3 times we've been, and each time we encountered nothing but rudeness and dark looks!!

If every man, woman and child you met on your three visits gave you an attitude then I think you may be doing something wrong somewhere, provided of course you are not exaggerating. Try smiling - that usually works.

Only the ones in Anglesey... I have no problem elsewhere..

And I mean 'encounters' as in interaction with other people.
Pixxx
Pixxx
211 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 17:09
Also - can you not keep picking bits out of my posts, read the thing as a whole and you'll see I've meant no offence.
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 17:27
Yes, he's brilliant ...
rocknicker
rocknicker
908 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 17:28
Pixxx wrote:
I make every effort to speak a foreign language when in a foreign country, BUT - I don't see why the hospital staff couldn't speak to me in English when it regarded my 6 year old daughters health. Especially when they managed to mutter in english to each other and also write on the medical forms in english.

hmm.... you could have been catching those odd words that are actually in English because they have no Welsh word for them.
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 17:40
I am always most surprised and sometimes a little amused that it takes practically nothing (a wee joke here, the odd jibe there, a sacrastic and usually quite funny utterance yonder.....) to provoke yet another flaming row on this here board.

Either we are all uppity twats or just seriously argumentative. Keep it up, folks!! ;-)

Vxxx
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 17:44
Either that or we can't pronounce the bloody words ourselves Rocknicker. lol! xx i can say LLanfair etc but only if it's written down. ;D x
sam
sam
151 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 17:49
I agree - so own up, how many of the poters on here were the ones who complained about this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5215630.stm

sam
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index