Anglesey »
Ynys Môn

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postman
848 posts

Re: Ynys Môn
Aug 28, 2006, 15:30
On my first trip to Lligwy settlement /burial chamber I got a double blow-out (two punctures) we limped to a row of houses and the owner (a scouser) took me to Bangor for a new tyre then rang the AA and I joind there and then. I have had nothing but good times in Anglesey it's ace
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Aug 28, 2006, 15:40
God, I hope Jane & Moth meet the same people postman did and not the ones pixxxxxx bumped into!!

I can't wait to go to Anglesey and am green with envy..... although I have heard the rumour about the folks of N Wales not being overly friendly towards us poor old Englanders; wonder why that is!!!!???? ;-)
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 28, 2006, 15:53
Ha! it isn't a rumour Vicster it's true, N Walians are a race unto themselves ;P. S Walians are far friendlier. I have never been there but have heard it's beautiful. xx
jacksprat
jacksprat
284 posts

Aug 28, 2006, 16:26
I've just come back from a weekend in Llangennith on the Gower Peninsula - did some surfing and loads of walking - and the people are fantastic. the 'Jacks' as the people from that area called, are really friendly - Swansea and Mumbles is a brilliant night out. The 'Gogs' as south waleans call them, from the North, are the suspicious unfriendly ones. My dad's from Llandudno and whenever I go out up that way, the reception is not exactly hostile but certainly not very warming. Never mind, each to their own and all that...
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Edited Aug 28, 2006, 17:07
Aug 28, 2006, 17:04
That's my town Jacksprat............. ;D xx Did you "do" the Mumbles mile, visit King Arthurs Stone and Parc Le Breos?
jacksprat
jacksprat
284 posts

Aug 28, 2006, 17:41
Jesus, I did about a 10th of the mile, rolled about on the floor for a while and got dragged home...lightweight! Didn't get to see anything megalithic, down there purely socially this weekend - although I plan to go back with the camera soon, there's loads I want to see around there.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 28, 2006, 17:44
Lightweight indeed! It's fantastic here, i love it. ;) x If you need any help or info just let me know.
jacksprat
jacksprat
284 posts

Aug 28, 2006, 18:00
That's great, thank you. I can drink really. In my own mind... ;o)
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 28, 2006, 18:02
No problem. If you can't take The Mile, you'd best avoid Wind Street too then. ha! ;) x
sam
sam
151 posts

Re: Ynys Môn - OT
Aug 28, 2006, 21:19
hi Supercat. Have you by any chance been to the Death in Wales exhibition on in Cardiff? I'm hoping to get there before it finishes, but it's a fair trek down from Manchester if it's not worth it. As a local (well, more local than me!), do you know if it's any good?

cheers, sam
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index