Ynys Môn

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
whatisthat
255 posts

Re: Ynys Môn
Aug 28, 2006, 22:31
> however I will not be going back to check

Hi Pixxx, yes I agree. It's a truly horrible place. The weather's crap and all the sites are all covered in sheep shit. Please stay away.

South Wales (a suburb of London) might suit you better. They all speak (and think) English there.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Edited Aug 29, 2006, 06:02
Re: Ynys Môn - OT
Aug 29, 2006, 06:01
Bore da, Sam is this the one you mean? http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/deathinwales/

We were up in Cardiff at the weekend and saw this being advertised but as we have major rivalry between Swansea and Cardiff we thought it was about that. ;D ha!. I'm sorry to say i don't know anything about it, Do you know how long it's there for? (just read about that in the link) xx
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 06:03
"South Wales (a suburb of London)" .................... WHAT???????! ;) xx
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Edited Aug 29, 2006, 07:29
Aug 29, 2006, 07:25
whatisthat wrote:
South Wales (a suburb of London) might suit you better. They all speak (and think) English there.

I really wouldn't recommend saying that to anyone from the south, even as a joke. Most Welsh people don't speak Welsh, but if you suggest they're English...

K x
sam
sam
151 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 07:51
I lovw North Wales and Anglesey in particular (can't say much about the South as i've never ventured there). My boyfriend on the other hand seems to like Wales but dislike the Welsh. Comments such as "should never have stopped subjugating them", "why do we have to pay to go into OUR castles that we built with English money to keep them out", "can we still shoot arrows at them".

You know, that kind of thing.

sam
whatisthat
255 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 08:15
Kammer wrote:
whatisthat wrote:

I really wouldn't recommend saying that to anyone from the south, even as a joke. Most Welsh people don't speak Welsh, but if you suggest they're English...

K x

Joke. What joke? Remember that I live in North Wales therefore by definition unfriendly.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 08:32
Diolch yn fawr iawn Kammer. ;) xx
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 11:56
Yes - it's the same in California too - the north/south divide. Snowdonia and the islands 'are' Wales (and what are those calif. mountains called?).
Pixxx
Pixxx
211 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 13:25
Do i detect a little animosity in your post? Or am I just being paranoid?

Anyways, just to clear a few things up:

I also said I hope you meet some nice Anglesinians and I'm sure there are some. I also said the sites were great.

I'm not scared of sheep shit.

I don't presume everyone from North Wales is rude, just the ones I met were.

I make every effort to speak a foreign language when in a foreign country, BUT - I don't see why the hospital staff couldn't speak to me in English when it regarded my 6 year old daughters health. Especially when they managed to mutter in english to each other and also write on the medical forms in english.

3 times we've been, and each time we encountered nothing but rudeness and dark looks!! This doesn't mean that the countryside is not beautiful.

Pix xx
whatisthat
255 posts

Aug 29, 2006, 16:26
Pixxx wrote:
3 times we've been, and each time we encountered nothing but rudeness and dark looks!!

If every man, woman and child you met on your three visits gave you an attitude then I think you may be doing something wrong somewhere, provided of course you are not exaggerating. Try smiling - that usually works.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index