Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Lets Blow this Dowsing Lark off Finally!

162 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Lets Blow this Dowsing Lark off Fina
Apr 10, 2006, 00:11
"I feel Watkins followed the practical lines, around hills and obsticals, but always back to it's true course."

My impression is that he took the line he observed to be the line . That it was a deviation from a truer, dead straight line is something that you propose, from a belief in energies, but not something he suggested. I'm happy to be corrected though.

"If you read through the ley hunter article in full, you will find reference to spirit tracks etc, these are seperate.
Again, I took those to be a postulated theory about the possible beliefs of the ancient peoples regarding the leys, nothing more. I didn't notice any suggestion that there were any "tracks" other than the visibly observed ones. Once again, i wonder whether you are taking the common or garden tracks that are studied by the leyhunters and making them something else.

By all means theorise about energy lines, but why not go straight to them, rather than via leys - since as you say, leys and energy lines don't even occupy the same geographical positions.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index