Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Lets Blow this Dowsing Lark off Finally!

162 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Lets Blow this Dowsing Lark off Finally!
Apr 06, 2006, 20:48
You're right Wiggy. Dowsing is interesting and harmless. People drumming on about it in the same manner that obviously cheeses people off is dull and tortuous, though. Making the same old same old claims on this forum does not improve Cropedy's chances of being believed or understood. I ppersonally can not understand why he continues doing it here.

Please humour me and define a 'proper archaeologist' for me so that I can decide if I'd like to be one :-). Do you mean someone with a bit of paper that says they've spent four years being told what's what or do you mean someone with many more years of field experience that has tried to find out what's what for themselves and maybe come up with a few new ideas? Or maybe you think both are necessary. Do you have to dig and wear a multi-coloured jumper or a silly hat to be a proper archaeologist? Do you have to have published several papers in respectable periodicals? Do you have to know how every bit of geo-fiz equipment works? Or perhaps you have to be able to fly a plane and know how to process LIDAR data?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index