Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Lets Blow this Dowsing Lark off Finally!

162 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re:you want proof?
Apr 05, 2006, 21:15
"he has a right to prove his theory under his terms"

Excuse me, but that's total rubbish. Unless he can do it in a way that will convince others it couldn't possibly be called a proof.

Anyway, we are not asking Kevin to PROVE that he can dowse. He has made claims of his ability that ought to be easy to verify, but he has (until now) avoided all invitations to demonstrate it. He claims to be able to follow a leyline (or whatever) over a considerable distance. If such lines are straight (which they are repoprted to be), that would be a very simple test of his ability. All the observers have to do is to ensure that any ways other than dowsing that he might employ are eliminated and then verify the straightness of the line. I have suggested elsewhere on this thread that a secure blindfold would eliminate all the alternative methods that I could think of, unless he has a GPS receiver embedded in his skull.

I have successfully located lost drains by dowsing, so I am not unsympathetic to dowsing per se. The reason I have a problem with Kevin's claims is that they are far more elaborate than anything else I have heard and he tries to use science to justify his results, with very little understanding of what he is talking about. If he would stick to what he does understand and find a way to convince the rest of us, I would be very willing to help investigate any underlying scientific justification.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index