Re: Calling SBP -
Mar 24, 2005, 21:42
I always got detention as well!
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: The Avebury Journal
Mar 25, 2005, 01:33
Ta R!!! Will tryta get some nice shots of corndon forya!

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Mar 25, 2005, 01:38
Only just registered your 'avatar-thingy' Hob! Luvvit!!!

Not seeing/noticing it before just shows I ought to stop wasting me time fucking about with Heritage Action crap and come on here more often....

;^)

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Mar 25, 2005, 01:48
"Seriously, all of us who really care should spend our energy on fighting this bloody awful philistine government and not each other. Let's try to put some lead in EH's pencil. They have a real battle on their hands against the so-called Culture Minister."

Absolutely. I just wish any of the others were likely to be any better....

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Calling SBP -
Mar 25, 2005, 02:03
I've missed out on this discussion & don't really want to reawaken it, so PLEASE don't reply to this post on here sbp - if you want to reply, PLEASE do it by emailing Jane or HA. But having read the whole thread, there's just summat I've gotta say:

I don't understand why you won't tell HA what's actually & specifically WRONG with the damn thing!!! If you tell us and it's more 'authoratitive' (and it sounds like it must be!) than what we've said, we'd actively WANT to put it on the site!!!!

In wider terms than TAJ, we don't go out of our way to criticise EH or anyone else - as soon as EH said something positive bout Thornboro, it was on our Thornboro pages! It's just that we find most of what we see from EH & other 'official' bodies disappointing, so we say so.

And btw, on most occasions when we've raised issues with 'the authorities', we've been waiting weeks for an answer. For TAJ, that just doesn't work!

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Mar 25, 2005, 02:10
Blimey, I hope our other big new feature on HA (to launch very, VERY soon) gets this much 'publicity'!!

love

Moth
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Mar 25, 2005, 08:57
For a small fee I'll see what I can do! ;-)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 25, 2005, 09:42
No-one is smiling. We're still waiting.
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Mar 25, 2005, 10:42
Well I've said what I've said, and thats it - a bit of criticism posted after a glass or two and all this ensues.....blimey you lot are touchy.
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Mar 25, 2005, 11:27
'Defensive' is a better term.

There's lovely weather in the Northeast. Not everyone is stuck at home decorating. Could you get out and produce a winter damage report on that heavily-leaning standing stone at Seaton Burn, please? It's listed here as Old Hartley and will fall over (and be lost) unless a professional intervenes.
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index