Avebury & the Marlborough Downs »
The Avebury Journal

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: The Avebury Journal
Mar 24, 2005, 15:25
That's right Rhiannon, you shouldn't mock.
For all we know this person may be genuinely confused and has come here hoping for us to help solve their difficulty, "Do you know who I am?"

Unless we can coax some sort of clue out of them it may be a long process.

I'll start: Ummm, what does polystyrene mean to you?
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 15:31
Blimey Nigel, you could be right, I never thought of that.

Sbp, I sincerely hope you eventually manage to work out who you are.

Then maybe you could indulge your penchant for gratuitous criticism in a more constructive manner.
METALHEAD
9 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 16:16
Can we also not forget that the NT are doing their best with limited funds to maintain Avebury and the surrounds and the best thing anyone can do is help instead of Carp.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 16:17
I think you'll find that the reason there are no bins is that Kennet council refused to empty them.
This comes up local council meetings regularly, who pays?NT/EH or the council.
Send the dates to Jane and I'll send a pic of Last years litter pick.
p
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 16:20
Yeh, but I AM a nutta! Certified!

I wuz just wond'rin' what your authority was to say that the info was erroneous is all - do you work for EH?

I think the main point here was for you to justify your criticism - we're all entitled to our opinions, but can usually back them up!

G x
METALHEAD
9 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 16:41
So the bins not getting emptied would be why they fill up and are not there?

Thanks for re-iterfying my point. scuse the spelling.
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 16:47
> I had assumed that you knew who I was and where
> I get my information from?

You're hilarious SBP. Thank you for livening up my afternoon with your buffoonery.

Do you know who I am by the way? I'm very very very important. I'm more importanter than you.

LOL

K x
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 16:47
I know, so I should keep me trap shut....lets just say it wuz the drink talkin'!!!........and then this mornin' well I'm a bugger for an arguement!

SBP x

from someone who knows a real NuTta ;-)
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 17:31
Congratulations to all concerned in producing the Avebury Journal. I have to confess that I might not have read it as closely as I have done if not for the enormous forum mail generated. So it may be that sbp has made a useful contribution. I've searched and searched, but I just cannot find anything one sided or contoversial contained therein. Concrete cancer? No. Climbing on stones? Surely not. BT digging unauthorised holes? Hardly. I give up and look forward to further news.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Mar 24, 2005, 17:36
> I know, so I should keep me trap shut....lets just say it wuz the drink talkin'!!!........and then this mornin' well I'm a bugger for an arguement!

S'fair enough! I get like that sometimes! It's the voices... those incessant voices... S'long as you can admit when yer wrong, I think it's good to get things going from time to time... I pretend I'm playing Devil's Advocaat (nice drink!)

> from someone who knows a real NuTta ;-)

::scared!:: ;o)

G x
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index