Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Buy a stone
Sep 23, 2003, 14:19
that you can't keep!

That's kept me chortling for today, thanks FW.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

21 senses
Sep 23, 2003, 14:25
That reminds me, how we carry around stuff we were taught and hold on to it like it was gospel. They never taught us how we could FEEL at school, more often than not we were just told how to think, which left me feeling a bit cheated that I had neglected consideration and exploration of the sense of balance (aligned also with a sense of harmony, no not the hairspray) on account of being told I only possessed 5 senses. I was 30 before I learned this, thanks to the Peredur Trust in Cornwall for teaching me, something so fundamental remained so hidden. Long live Goethe, Spinoza and all the mad people.
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Re: Radiating Power
Sep 23, 2003, 14:29
How do you know? All sorts of things were claimed by Victorians including hundreds of fake "magnetic" health appliances. You seem to have a thing about the word "magnetism", but I tend to put that in a box with "co-incidence" They are labels which explain nothing and despatch unknowns to black holes. Q. What is dowsing? A. It is magnetic. Oh.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Tombo's weblogs...
Sep 23, 2003, 14:42
"We do it because they're there"

That's as good a reason as any. Whatever you label yourself as.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Radiating Power
Sep 23, 2003, 15:00
Well known that various animals react to magnetism.

I worked a lot with Geophys and magnetism. It's amazing what you learn about something when you work with it :-)

I believe a lot of the result obtained by geophys are the same as some of those detected by dowsing. This validates both.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: 21 senses
Sep 23, 2003, 15:03
I learned all about my sense of balance around the time I found out about my sense of taste for beer.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: 21 senses
Sep 23, 2003, 15:09
OOF! ee fell OH-vah!

Now please write a dissertation on the senses of movement, light and warmth and then on to lactation.

Sendus a beer over will ya! I can't liiiive, if living is without Enviiiille!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

What is dowsing?
Sep 23, 2003, 15:09
"Q. What is dowsing? A. It is magnetic. Oh."

If that's what you think I've said then you have totally failed to read anything that I've written.

If you don't want to listen to the other side of an argument then stay the fuck out of it.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Anthroposophising
Sep 23, 2003, 15:41
Steiner has often said in other lectures what he says on page 74, "Every view can be a true view, if it faithfully reproduces what is observed." This came to me in an insight I formulated as Matherne's Rule #6 some twenty years ago (before I read Steiner): All Meanings Are True. (AMAT). Everyone has a perspective that they look at things from, and if they proclaim a truth from their perspective, one can only say, "I do believe you are right." But there are many possible perspectives and Steiner uses the metaphor of a tree to make his point:

[page 73-74] But the human way of knowing is not such that the nature of things can be imparted all at once; it is more like painting or photographing a tree from a particular side. The picture gives the full truth of what the tree looks like from a certain point of view, but, if we select a different point of view, the picture becomes quite different. Only the combined effect of a series of pictures from various points of view can give an overall idea of the tree. "

I think that sums up uch better what I was trying to say about the 'measurer' being interpretive therefore (but not wholly) subjective.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Anthroposophising
Sep 23, 2003, 15:43
Yes, but when someone comes along and shows them that their perspective is wrong or slightly out of line then they should accept it.
Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index