Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 18/1/03

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 18/1/03
Jan 22, 2003, 13:48
Haven't done this for a while, so it's time to get back in the ring.

Zabrinski - Koala Co-Ordination
(imagine Gorky's crossed with Boards Of Canada, played through one of Stereolab's antique fuzz pedals)

BBC Radiophonic Workshop - BBC Radiophonic Music
(have discussed this one at length already on an earlier thread, so no futher elaboration needed)

Epic Soundtracks - Rise Above
Romantic, melancholic, and quite beautiful. Not entirely dissimilar to the direction Jim O'Rourke's been going in on his last three albums. Here's hoping the tragically deceased ES triggers a posthumous cult on a level with Nick Drake's.

The Troggs - Hit Single Anthology
No "Troggs Tapes", unfortunately, but stellar stuff nonetheless. Even most of the B-sides are great, proving that these earthy bumpkins from Andover could be just as mystical as the Electric Prunes or the Chocolate Watch Band.

Love - Love Story (2CD box)
Had to dig this one out again after last week's RFH gig. Don't think it's hyperbole to say that this band had as much impact on me personally as the Beatles did on the 60s in general. Even the supposedly dud stuff from "Four Sail" and "Out Here" still sounds gorgeously melodic and timeless to my ears.
tyke
2 posts

Jan 23, 2003, 02:57
Listening to my own compilation of the first 3 Spiritualized singles, Chumbawamba's Readymades album and Jacob's Ladder single, The Eighties Matchbox B - line Disaster's Psychosis Safari single and Crime and the City Solution stuff, I'm on a Birthday Party spin offs trip! Looking forward to the the Birthday Party live D.V.D. out on Monday and the new Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds album a week on Monday!
moey
moey
770 posts

Re: Clause 23
Jan 23, 2003, 07:20
Maybe they haven't replied because then you would realise they are watching your every move.

sneakses they is, yesss
Ms W
94 posts

Jan 23, 2003, 22:34
deatbeat - "wildlife documenteries"

click......pop.....dub......
Angel of the North
21 posts

Jan 23, 2003, 22:46
Yikes!!!

I would have gotten away wit it if it wasn't for those pesky kids!!!
moey
moey
770 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 08:20
Who would have thought it was the Janitor? He didn't look creepy at all.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 16:08
Just 2 this week.

The Very Best Of - Otis Redding
Lovebox - Groove Armada
Son Of Alice
41 posts

late addition
Jan 24, 2003, 16:23
And with only two days to go. How do I always forget so much?

Rainbow - The Very Best Of: Less familiar with them than with other Purple offshoots. Joolio recommended the first three albums. I'd had this lying around for a long time, so I put it on. Indeed, the ones with Ronnie Padavona (cough, Dio) fronting are the best, but truth be told, some of the later AOR tunes still sound pretty darned catchy to these ears, especially I Surrender. But I know from past experience that AOR albums tend to be a colossal bore aside from the hits, so I'll just be keeping this greatest hits even after I get the early albums.
direwolf
92 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 18:24
Lots of interesting sounds in people's lists this week! I've been crazy busy at work so chosen listening has been a bit angrier lately I guess...
The Fiends - Zombie a-Go-Go
The Daggers
Southern Culture on the Skids
King Crimson - Live in Nashville 2001
Bad Religion- '80 - '85
Meat Puppets- II
Einsturzende Neubauten- 1/2 Mensch
Forbidden Dimension -Somebody Down There Likes Me
and passing out at night to the sounds of Father Moo and the Black Sheep
Angel of the North
21 posts

Jan 25, 2003, 22:28
No but he's the only person I've met all cartoon!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index