Soundtracks To Our Lives W/Ending 9/3/02

61 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1243 posts

Everything, really
Mar 09, 2002, 18:39
Sorry, Quexalcote --no worries, man!

It's just an old joke that occurred spontaneously in the Donor Chat Room about a year ago...

Wouldn't dream of mentioning who replied "Best Of" (Hahahahahahahaha) when I asked each person who entered what their favourite Sabbath album was

I guess because for me it was a perfect response to the question, although a koan that's haunted me ever since...

For me, it would be ridiculous to pick a favourite out of the five albums I love more than life itself.
And I really don't care for compilations in the least. They take up precious space and with their overlapping of material they only serve to provide you with errant programming of songs, (chronologically-retarded or correct), the "big hits" cheek by jowl with some industry label-head's idea of their best moments or just plain old fiddle-faddle outtakes that they barely do justice to the group OR serve the listener in a righteous way...

IN SUMMATION I guess it's because I love Sabbath and hate compilations and since there are so many full-on Sab moments, for me a "Best Of" (Hahahahahahahahahahaahaha) would be highly redundant because I need "Don't Start (Too Late)" in between "Hole In The Sky" and "Symptom Of the Universe". I NEED "Embryo" before "Children Of The Grave" and I need ALL of side two of Sabbath's first album (inlcuding "Wicked World" AND "Evil Woman") .

(I hope this explains everything...)

PS: You've been listening to the "Fireball Deluxe Edition" also? ALL RIGHT!
You and me and Joolio gotta sort out what the best tracks are on THAT one: the title track or "No One Came"...But pleeez don't say "Anyone's Daughter"!
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index