Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Soundtracks To Our Lives W/Ending 9/3/02
Mar 08, 2002, 20:18
A musical diary no less. This weeks essential listening has been

1)Thank Christ For the Bomb - The Groundhogs still wowed by this after superb recomendations by fellow Head Heritagers a few weeks ago.
2) Jefferson Airplane - The Collectors Series (vying for position of journey to work listening with:-
3) Who Do We Think We Are by Deep Purple - underated effort from Mk2 Purps on edge of disintegration (the 1st time) could also be known as
the Jon Lord album as Ritchie seems to go AWOL at times leaving the keyboards centre stage).
4) Made In Japan Deep Purple again (with bonus disc etc etc!) say no more.
5 Choose Your Masques - Hawkwind - kinda found early 80's Hawkwind apart from Levitation hard to get into but through the power of osmosis this is starting to seep through.
6) Growers of Mushroom - Leafhound - classic early 70's obscure rock in mould of early Zeppelin and Free.
7) Benefit - Jethro Tull - best early Tull album in the world ever well in my opinion anyway.

Thats me, what have you all been soundchecking this week?
Joolio
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/Ending 9/3/02
Mar 08, 2002, 21:02
Black rebeL mOToRcyCle CLuB aLL WEek LONG oVER AND OVER and Over AND oVER AND oVER!
sOrRy fer being boring but ya did ask DoOd*¬)
CharLiE manSoN*
Beebon
1375 posts

Mar 08, 2002, 21:29
Me?

Well, this past week, i have mainly been listenning to Parson Sound 2CD compilation, absolutely brilliant VU-esque noise drone minkness, it's been said before, but that band, and those recordings were WAY ahead of their time!

Klaus Schulze - Timewind. Bought it on vynil in plymouth for £1 a week or two back. Early synthesizer other worldly landscape/headscape music.

Tappytek: a couple of dutch tekno mp3s, both around 35 minutes, acid madness of the non-rock variety, very trippy, though perhaps not everyone's cup of tea? Moon Cat may like... espeially after reading his review of Phuture - Acid Trax

Steve :)
konaman
konaman
533 posts

Mar 08, 2002, 21:54
12 hours in the car over 2 days, a long time for me, with PJ Harvey, Orbital, & System 7.

Sun out, 95 on the empty A417, with System 7 on the CD, pretty good fun.
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Mar 08, 2002, 21:54
Khanate has been on everyday in my house :-)
also
Electric wizard
Don Cabalerro
Boris
+ Burning Witch
also i've been listening to this Isolationism compilation loads too, it came out about 5 years ago or so, its one of those virgin ambient things and disc one is marvelous :-)

ToPS
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/Ending 9/
Mar 08, 2002, 22:06
Khanate,
Lambchop 'Is a Woman',
Boards of Canada 'Geogaddi'

The Khanate LP is incredible - makes me wanna walk like a monkey.
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/Ending 9/
Mar 08, 2002, 23:21
most of the week has been taken up with Van der graaf generator and Peter Hammill - plus a sprinkling of Ceremony and Khanate and a light dusting of Uriah Heep

Van der graaf generator - early stuff is the stuff and also early solo hammill - u will either love them or loathe them - me i've always had a soft spot for them.

Ceremony - Buddha meets rock people has been touted on these pages ceremoniously.

Khanate - crap especially those awful vocals - i quite like the droney feedback and sustained textures but the rest does nothing much for me and i cannot see it ever getting there.

Uriah Heep - go and check out Look at Yourself its far better than u would imagine.
Martin
401 posts

Mar 09, 2002, 00:06
started off the week with a late-night candle-lit bath plugged into Coils 'Musik to Play in the Dark Volume 1'. Nothing topped that this week ;)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Mar 09, 2002, 00:47
erm mostly

35007..Dutch kinda like Kyuss but with techno acid splurges

Amon Duul II - Phallus Dei...serendiptous deluxe reissue cd thing in local 2nd hand shop. Got extra shit on it like you wont believe.

KISS - Alive

Isley Bros. Isley Gold. MMMMMMM funka!

Freebie Tribal house thing from Muzik mag

Space Tribe- Shapeshifter - festy acid techno thang

Gong - Shapeshifter - Hurrah at last....found it for 7.99

The Elsyian Fields - We...the Enlightened, mad death metal prog goth madness of mad things

L.S.G - collected works - lush trance techno soundscapes from unsung dance bod

BRMC - RAWK it doth

Fields of the Nephilim - Dawnrazor - Soz cHARLIE!

Kate Bush - The Kick Inside - A very rude young lady!

Madonna - Music. Hey Mr DJ!
Bless X
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Mar 09, 2002, 01:49
tHey CosT AbOUt £250. fer a set .....£150......cheepEsT.........And worth every pennie DoOd
CharLie MansoN*
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index