Unsung Forum »
nasty prog

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Zos
389 posts

Space El Ritual
May 12, 2005, 16:06
That reminds me - Hawkwind - Bring Me The Head of Yuri Gagarin. Rightly described as "Pure shit from start to finish!" on that link you just posted. I kinda like the drugged out poetry (Sonic Attack always has me in stitches...), but the sound quality - argh, painful.

Also, I dunno if it's prog, but I really got burned with the El Ritual album - man, what a load of tedious balls that was... the four minute drum solo on the first track is just unforgivable.
CaptainGoo
64 posts

Re: nasty prog
Oct 27, 2005, 19:12
johny come lately would like to elect Timewind by Klaus Schulze. Surely the largest log in a lake of greasy stools..
Chaosmonger
977 posts

Re: 'hogs....'wind
Oct 28, 2005, 04:10
I'm surprised so many people on here don't seem to care for King Crimson.

Mike
flatboxertwin
flatboxertwin
369 posts

Re: nice 80s prog?
Oct 28, 2005, 13:12
Talk Talk: Spirit of Eden. Sheer brilliance.

Is it Prog though? I think so.
flatboxertwin
flatboxertwin
369 posts

Re: Prog Reggae?
Oct 28, 2005, 13:19
The VDGG cod reggae track was Muerglys III (the Songwriters Guild) off World Record.

The cod reggae bit was an extended instrumental coda.

I quite liked it at the time.
silogut
silogut
432 posts

Kohntarkosz magma
Oct 28, 2005, 13:58
I just ordered this..hopefully not too jazz rock or up the Mars Volta avenue.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Oct 28, 2005, 15:12
Withya - I luvvit too. Tho I freely admit to liking most ELP albums to a greater or lesser extent. Even 'Works'.

Luckily, I have no cred & care not a jot. I'd rather have music I like listening to than racks full of 'cred'.

love

Moth

PS Love Topographic Oceans too.
inner moron
32 posts

Re: relayer/refugee/yes top 5
Oct 28, 2005, 17:22
There is a Patrick Moraz album. It looks like ( hard to determine exactly , the way the cover is desgned ) the title is : 'The Story of i' . It isn't the worst , and some of it sounds nice and I tried to like it. It's just really an experience with its stacked vocal harminies , hasty overdubs , brazilian influences and overall concept.There are liner notes explaining which one's a love song , how many times a particular piano part was tracked , etc..
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Oct 29, 2005, 20:57
Greenslade....forget the title.
Horrible/cool cover art prompted my purchase. Woops. You must hear this band to believe it.....If anybody can find worse prog, lemme know.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index