nasty prog

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: A real shite prog group
May 11, 2005, 17:18
;-D, Just been on play.com AND it's temporarily out of stock so either you,ve bought it secretly sometime today or a certain Jimmy has bought them all and has them stashed in his "basement"! hmmmmmmm! good luck with the match tonight dear. xxxxx
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: Olias of Accrington
May 11, 2005, 17:19
LOL! xxxxxx you missed out Stanley.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: For 'Topographic Oceans' fans......
May 11, 2005, 17:23
> just got this link sent from a mate!!!!!!!!

yeah right! ;-)
just thought i'd leave you with something to grizzle about for the 10 days i'm away dear. ha ha ttfn xx
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: For 'Topographic Oceans' fans......
May 11, 2005, 17:31
;-( pooh! none of my replies are co-ordinating, anyways Keith and Jim you know they're for you guys ( had to say it Jim he he ) xxxxx
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

May 11, 2005, 19:08
have you heard it? it's fucking genius! really! i think you're getting mixed up with alan white's solo album of the same vintage... that's shite. chris squire's fish out of water is amazing and steve howe's one's good too
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

May 11, 2005, 22:02
Jon Anderson's solo-debut is an impressive and unique concept-album with a very mystical and otherworldly atmosphere. All the tracks float into each other and make a continuous and very pleasant flow. The music often borders on New Age, but without becoming boring and too sweet. The arrangements consist of lots of overdubbed vocal-harmonies by Anderson (who also plays some harp here), percussion, acoustic guitar and loads of very Vangelis-inspired synth-work from Brian Gaylor. The compositions vary between acoustic and structured songs, more free-floating and almost spacey passages and then to parts with atmospheric themes that build up and are repeated for several minutes to create a very hypnotic effect. Personally I think the sound of the album is so unique that it's hard to compare it with anything. The acoustic passages can of course remind of Yes-songs like the first part of "I've Seen All Good People" and "Wonderous Stories" but the sound as a whole is very original. Some slight eastern-influences can also be heard on some parts. "Olias of Sunhillow" remains Anderson's only really worthwhile solo-album, but it's a little masterpiece in itself and should appeal to everyone who wants a unique piece of atmospheric and beautiful music to drift along to.
keith a
9574 posts

May 12, 2005, 03:00
> good luck with the match tonight dear. xxxxx

: (
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

May 12, 2005, 05:28
:-) i love you Billy Milk, xxx Now searching for the JA/Vangelis album.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

May 12, 2005, 05:32
Sorry my lovely, xxx ((H)) positive mental attitude now, now start singing Things can only get better, (maybe not eh!) Don't let the corporate barstewards get you down. You've got a fantastic team there. ttfn
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Re: nasty prog
May 12, 2005, 14:45
Just cos it deserves to get to 200 :)~
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index