Negative Reviews

Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Arfanaardvark reviews
Jul 13, 2004, 19:44
I agree that Arf's reviews are "funny" however I also agree that they're not really "reviews" at all. There's not enough there about the "music itself" to even indicate the guy has actually listened to the records.

I'm not criticising Holy's decision to delete reviews like that one. My problem is that I'm still not sure by what criteria that ELP review "should be deleted." Because of the band, the genre, or the way I wrote it?

I think all the reviews I've written so far fit the *current* guidelines written by Joanne Wilder and Julian . . . if the guidelines are going to change, I'd like to see what the new ones are before commenting on them.

I don't have any problem with the current guidelines and wouldn't change them. But obviously that's not my decision.
PaulB
188 posts

Re: PSB classy CHARTpop band
Jul 13, 2004, 19:57
I'm not sure how the 80's can be summed up as the "worst decade" for chart music. Compared to the 90's or the 21st century? I suspect more than a few peeps will challenge that point of view.

Remember also that the 80's saw the Teardrops and Copey in the charts as well as the Bunnymen (and some of the other Liverpool/Eric's scene artists). Not to mention The Smiths, Joy Division and New Order amongst others.
boy howdy
boy howdy
185 posts

Re: Responsibility &Financial Considerat
Jul 13, 2004, 21:00
fter I made my post I sort of came around to agree. I have a Minor Threat LP and Black Flag is one of my favorite bands... and I think there's definitely some shamanic shit going down on some Black Flag records. I'd agree that no type of music should be off-limits.
zuggog
286 posts

Re: Arfanaardvark reviews
Jul 13, 2004, 23:08
They are amusing to say the least. But i notice Arf.
has made no comments on any of this.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Sung/Unsung?
Jul 14, 2004, 20:31
Yeah, some of this infighting is annoying.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: odin
Jul 14, 2004, 20:36
Couldn't tell 'cos he was shadowy etc. Of course who can really make an accurate picture of any god anyways? I think gods can look like anyone you imagine, I suppose... Kinda like that show Joan Of Arcadia.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Responsibility &Financial Considerat
Jul 14, 2004, 20:39
There! :^)
TomBo
TomBo
1629 posts

Jul 14, 2004, 21:19
"Of course who can really make an accurate picture of any god anyways?"

Absolutely, Lawrence. Everybody has their own unique image of what a figure like Odin (or any other mythical/literary character) looks like.
Eardrum
Eardrum
540 posts

Holy!
Jul 14, 2004, 21:49
well you certainly started a debate here!

Holy, does Julian ever read these reviews?
Does he ever agree/disagree?
Does he think that the reviews section is being used for something other than what was intended?

Personally I have discovered loads of new things through these reviews, but have also had some memories of some very bad music brought back to me!

What's wrong with slating something if you think it's truely bad? As long as you provide rhyme and reason.....?

maybe we should have an "oversung" section?

btw, what was the longest thread record?!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jul 14, 2004, 22:12
I've imagined Odin must look alot like G.X. Jupiter Larson actually. I've met G.X. and he does have an eye-patch, thus...
Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index