Head To Head
Log In
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Jesus I despise Brexit.
Log In to post a reply

Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8065 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
May 28, 2018, 20:49
It's not people with those thought-about concerns I resent June, it's people who simply wanted "Pakis out". That sounds utterly crass but it's how many people talked and still do, I know it is. I fear that with only a 4% difference it was those people that may have swung it. And I resent the fact.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
956 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
May 31, 2018, 08:05
Captain Starlet wrote:
There is a difference with Greece in that the socialist economic plans were somewhat irresponsible and the country had to pay its debts, regardless of how it got into the situation in the first place a position had to be made to basically stop the country crashing completely and put in place some system of responsibility.


Banker-created debt on Fiat Currency which had never even been printed - let alone spent. The major part of Greec's debt was forced upon it by the EU who snared Greece in massive arms deals which the EU impoosed on Greece between 2010 and 2012. These included Greece being forced to sign off on contracts for completely unnecessary miltary items like

662 Million Euro Aircraft deal.

336 Million Euro Submarine deal.

The EU enforced the deals as part of "Aid". It was a torpedo - not a life raft. And Sarkosy and Merkel knew it. Greece's relatively tiny National Debt was then extrapolated through compound Euro-manufactured interest on loans it had never actually had for military hardware it didn't need or want. Payments were then extracted - forcing banks to the wall. Hardball business on a European Scale which had been previously reserved for actual hot wars. I know what Greece should have done with those aircraft now.

Germany has still never paid Greece its WW2 reparations. I wonder why not. They amount to more than the debt Germany extracted from Greece's worthless and un-needed arms contracts.

Lovely.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
May 31, 2018, 08:40
Howburn Digger wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:
There is a difference with Greece in that the socialist economic plans were somewhat irresponsible and the country had to pay its debts, regardless of how it got into the situation in the first place a position had to be made to basically stop the country crashing completely and put in place some system of responsibility.


Banker-created debt on Fiat Currency which had never even been printed - let alone spent. The major part of Greec's debt was forced upon it by the EU who snared Greece in massive arms deals which the EU impoosed on Greece between 2010 and 2012. These included Greece being forced to sign off on contracts for completely unnecessary miltary items like

662 Million Euro Aircraft deal.

336 Million Euro Submarine deal.

The EU enforced the deals as part of "Aid". It was a torpedo - not a life raft. And Sarkosy and Merkel knew it. Greece's relatively tiny National Debt was then extrapolated through compound Euro-manufactured interest on loans it had never actually had for military hardware it didn't need or want. Payments were then extracted - forcing banks to the wall. Hardball business on a European Scale which had been previously reserved for actual hot wars. I know what Greece should have done with those aircraft now.

Germany has still never paid Greece its WW2 reparations. I wonder why not. They amount to more than the debt Germany extracted from Greece's worthless and un-needed arms contracts.

Lovely.








It was Germany and France in the very major sense, not the EU. Although people like to say that Germany and France ARE the EU, the EU is still made up of 28 different countries at this moment, secondly Greece were not forced into buying extensive military goods thus incurring the amount of debt and the eventual crash of their economy.

Sadly this is one of those things that those who incurred the debt have to take responsibility for their actions and not just blame everyone else for their woes.
Locodogz
Locodogz
265 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
May 31, 2018, 09:30
Agreed - I'd be fascinated to know what or who 'forced' Greece to buy arms?

Equally I'd previously read that at least some of Greece's woes were due to it's poor record on collecting taxes - 10 - 15 billion euros a year not paid IIRC? Frankly more than enough to cover those "forced" arms deals.
nigelswift
8065 posts

Ha!
May 31, 2018, 15:29
LSE Brexit
?Verified account @lsebrexitvote
Fishermen Say They Were Misled About Brexit

James O'Brien
?Verified account @mrjamesob
James O'Brien Retweeted LSE Brexit
That’s it then. Just the racists, spivs, disaster capitalists & pantomime toffs left cheering for it now.
And a few decent people still understandably struggling to admit the scale of the con they fell victim to.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
956 posts

Re: Ha!
Jun 02, 2018, 10:09
nigelswift wrote:
LSE Brexit
?Verified account @lsebrexitvote
Fishermen Say They Were Misled About Brexit

James O'Brien
?Verified account @mrjamesob
James O'Brien Retweeted LSE Brexit
That’s it then. Just the racists, spivs, disaster capitalists & pantomime toffs left cheering for it now.
And a few decent people still understandably struggling to admit the scale of the con they fell victim to.


Yup. The EEC was a con. The Common Market was a con. The European Union was a con. It has revealed itself under its mask with its Pan-EU Military plans for The Ukraine and Turkey/ Israel. The EU is a con.
Some Remainers do realise it now, but cannot face it and are playing an endgame of The Emperor's New Clothes with themselves while sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "La La La".

It was never about Cheese Mountains, forgiving the Nazis or being nice to French Students.
Forgive yourself and move on. England is still England and France is where it has always been. Brie is still Brie and Cheddar is still Cheddar.
nigelswift
8065 posts

Re: Ha!
Jun 02, 2018, 18:49
Howburn Digger wrote:

Some Remainers do realise it now, but cannot face it.......Forgive yourself and move on.


I'll try. Maybe those nice Americans will give us preferential terms. I can just hear them now, "Britain First"...

Failing which, we're screwed I suppose since trade with the US was the Big Brexit Idea wasn't it?
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Re: Ha!
Jun 04, 2018, 01:49
nigelswift wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:

Some Remainers do realise it now, but cannot face it.......Forgive yourself and move on.


I'll try. Maybe those nice Americans will give us preferential terms. I can just hear them now, "Britain First"...

Failing which, we're screwed I suppose since trade with the US was the Big Brexit Idea wasn't it?



and a very important point raised by both Swift and Digger here, in that neither can be bothered quoting their sources. We've got one man lazily dragging his finger across Twitter to emphasize a point and we have another man lazily quoting the Daily Express!

Come on people, I thought this was a forum!

Cx
nigelswift
8065 posts

Edited Jun 04, 2018, 07:21
Re: Ha!
Jun 04, 2018, 07:17
What pleasure it must give to criticise from on high and dismiss people you don't know as lazy!

Here are several dozen sources for Fishermen say they were misled about Brexit https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=StgUW62cKcvGgAaA0pP4CQ&q=Fishermen+Say+They+Were+Misled+About+Brexit&oq=Fishermen+Say+They+Were+Misled+About+Brexit&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.46222.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.IzXA6hmkQJ8
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Re: Ha!
Jun 04, 2018, 09:18
Both Grimsby and Cornwall, both Leave voting areas are having second thoughts as they've since realised they're not going to get as good a deal as they've got now.

Local farmers throughout the country are terrified as they're going lose subsidies and some will be forced to close.

I bet Farage is glad he never said we'd be better off out of the EU!
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index