Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Ha!
Jun 02, 2018, 18:49
Howburn Digger wrote:

Some Remainers do realise it now, but cannot face it.......Forgive yourself and move on.

I'll try. Maybe those nice Americans will give us preferential terms. I can just hear them now, "Britain First"...

Failing which, we're screwed I suppose since trade with the US was the Big Brexit Idea wasn't it?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Another no-account lying remoaner?
Jun 13, 2018, 08:58
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44462829
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Ha!
Jun 14, 2018, 00:26
nigelswift wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:

Some Remainers do realise it now, but cannot face it.......Forgive yourself and move on.

I'll try. Maybe those nice Americans will give us preferential terms. I can just hear them now, "Britain First"...

Failing which, we're screwed I suppose since trade with the US was the Big Brexit Idea wasn't it?

I don't think so. The Americans had awful plans for us which their Trans Atlantic "Partnership" was all about and was being guided up our jacksies by the EU. It is dead in ze vatter danke gott!

I think we just sell Europe our Beef, Honey, Whisky and Salmon. We buy French Brie and Wine. Eat Belgian Chocolate. Edam from the Hollandaise, Audis from the Germans. Reindeer meat from the Swami etc. Charge them all fishing permits for fishing our waters - they get fish & win - we get paid & win. It's called trade and international diplomacy, Britain used to be quite good at it.

Plus ca change!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dammit
Jun 16, 2018, 09:00
Barnier: "on the 30 March the UK will be automatically withdrawing from 750 international agreements, Euratom, Europol, the European Defence Agency, and trade agreements. This is irreversible even if there is a 21 month transition period."
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Jul 17, 2018, 08:31
What with the leave campaign having broken the law I'm astonished and bloody disgusted that this isn't a major issue in parliament within the tories and so-called labour govt.

What's being pursued here is a blind ideology that's based on an illegal act. The need for a second referendum would seriously be implied here to correct this!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44856992
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Edited Jul 17, 2018, 12:53
Jul 17, 2018, 12:50
In my humble opinion. ;)

The longer Brexit goes on without any real thought or reason, the more I'm utterly convinced that the ONLY reason it's still going ahead is because of the Anti Tax Avoidance Directive that the European Commission will bring into power in 2019.

I genuinely cannot think of any other reason. A quick Google of "brexit tax avoidance" gives a great deal of information and confirmation of this.

This "will of the people" bollocks is... well, bollocks. It's a phrase designed to give us the illusion of choice. A second referendum now we have facts and figures - and even a total lack of facts and figures in many places - would resolve this and give us a more realistic result. And no - it's nothing to do with wanting to keep voting until I get the result I want. This is yet more bullshit being fed to the gullible by the Leave campaign. Please don't demean yourself by pretending you knew what you were voting for because it's no secret that nobody knows what's happening even now.

G x

Edit: I hasten to add this is not a direct reply to Captain Starlet, whom I believe is on the same page regarding Brexit. It just happens to be the post I added my reply to. :)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jul 17, 2018, 14:25
Jul 17, 2018, 14:22
The evidence that the Brexit campaign was a pack of crooked lies is growing by the day. Remember how Iwas given a hard time on here for saying a proportion (perhaps the decisive number) of Brexit votes were racist? Well Gove has just admitted to playing to the racism card when he claimed staying in might lead to another 5.2 million (mainly Turkish muslim) immigrants coming to Britain. They're all shits, the lot of them.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/16/michael-gove-admits-leave-was-wrong-to-fuel-immigration-fears?CMP=twt_gu
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jul 17, 2018, 17:04
Totally agree with you, it's obvious just looking at those who are going to benefit from this.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Jul 17, 2018, 20:06
Here's the report from the Electoral Commission into Vote Leave.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/244900/Report-of-an-investigation-in-respect-of-Vote-Leave-Limited-Mr-Darren-Grimes-BeLeave-and-Veterans-for-Britain.pdf
Gladwin
Gladwin
402 posts

Jul 19, 2018, 10:42
Petition:

Rescind Art.50 if Vote Leave has broken Electoral Laws regarding 2016 referendum

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/223729

Over 125,000 signatures already - please sign and share!
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index