Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Jul 19, 2018, 11:00
Done.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 19, 2018, 12:00
Yup! Also done. And shared far and wide. :)

Will o' the people, and all that. ;) :D

G x
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 19, 2018, 12:57
goffik wrote:
Yup! Also done. And shared far and wide. :)

Will o' the people, and all that. ;) :D

G x

Not done, never will be!
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 19, 2018, 13:11
No way! :D You surprise me! :D

It'll not change anything, so don't worry. But it's good to at the very least say you tried, eh?

This whole bizarre farce will be acted out to the bitter end purely to satisfy the tax dodgers at the top of the food chain. You, me, everybody else will suffer for it. I'm sure you can see the underhandedness of the whole shebang. But that's OK, isn't it? Cos... I dunno... foreigners and all that. ;)

G x
Gladwin
Gladwin
402 posts

Jul 19, 2018, 13:17
Keep signing and sharing, people - and don't give up hope!

Rescind Art.50 if Vote Leave has broken Electoral Laws regarding 2016 referendum

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/223729

About to pass 131,500 signatures. Just watch it for a minute, and see how fast people are signing. The map view is interesting, too.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 19, 2018, 13:36
Of course, signing it is seen as a wish to reverse Brexit, which is honestly true. Not signing it is seen as avoiding reversing it by dishonest means, which is also true.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

more dodgy voting
Jul 19, 2018, 13:48
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/19/tory-whip-julian-smith-urged-to-explain-pairing-breach-that-caused-serious-damage

Have you seen this, surely he hasn't got a leg to stand on. Brandon Lewis should abstain from voting at the moment (under the 'pairing agreement') because his opposite number is off on maternity leave. He abstained from the first six votes about the trade bill, but then voted on the last two ("the most contentious", on staying in the customs union if the UK fails to agree a trade deal with the EU, and on EU medicines regulation, both votes being super tight). So he remembered about it to begin with but then forgot? yeah right perhaps he thought no one would notice

it doesn't help your flagging faith in the parliamentary system does it
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: more dodgy voting
Jul 19, 2018, 14:12
According to the Beeb it wasn't just him, the whips told everyone to ignore their pairings.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Sunny uplands
Jul 19, 2018, 22:04
Robert Peston this afternoon:

".@theresa_may says 70 "technical notices" for businesses and households will be published in Aug and Sept setting out how we can all prepare for a no-deal Brexit (should that be what happens). Yikes"

I thought it was all sunny uplands, easiest trade deals and unicorns for everyone? Perhaps that's it, we have to be told to prepare for receipt of our unicorns.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: Sunny uplands
Jul 19, 2018, 23:09
If I don't get my unicorn, it was because you didn't believe hard enough. SO GET BELIEVING
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index