Sep 07, 2011, 19:16
Did you think it was acceptable?

G x
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Re: Our Sacred Land
Sep 07, 2011, 19:26
I thought it was all very curious. I wasn't up at the time, so missed the "deleted" posts coming and going.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Sep 07, 2011, 19:28
Ah, well there we go then! :)

G x
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Sep 07, 2011, 19:29
There are plenty of things I don't find acceptable though, and I quite agree with you that bullying is one of them.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Sep 07, 2011, 19:34
Jolly good! :)

G x
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Sep 07, 2011, 20:50
Sep 07, 2011, 19:49
goffik wrote:
Tsk. Call this racist? You should see some of the vile homophobic, racist bile I've had aimed at me on here recently! Not to mention the ongoing bullying over the years. This is kid's stuff. ;)

G x

Going on by what the TMA Eds didn't delete I couldn't agree more with you Goffick. No-one should be subjected to that sort of abuse under any circumstances. I can't think who would want to do that - and call themselves 'stupidhead' in the process. Thankfully the Eds kicked them off straight away, someone like that is not worth worrying about and had minus zero credibility.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Sep 07, 2011, 20:14
Thanks, June.

If it had been a one-off, I'd understand people paying no attention. This happens a lot. I know there's a lot of crap talked and stirred elsewhere, but people really need to sift through it to see the facts. One side of a story is often not enough...

I was going to post this as a reply to Sanctuary's link to Monty Python "Argument" sketch (which I love, and find it can apply to oh, so many forums and threads therein!) but will save time and do it here (no offence intended to Roy) but here's another example: http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=62682&message=797242&offset=125 - remember that charmer? Funny who these sockpuppets turn out to be, isn't it?

I didn't want to drag it all up again but feel a huge sense of injustice after this last bout of nastiness. I had posted a very final and complete message but sadly the thread was locked (by the Eds) before it could be posted, so I lost it.

I won't bang on any more. Just wanted to point out that you shouldn't believe everything you hear. If anyone wants to talk more about it, then please email me to my address in my profile. I will reply to any reasonable email. Otherwise I'll say nowt more about it, unprompted. :)

Peace.

G x
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Edited Sep 07, 2011, 21:34
Sep 07, 2011, 20:30
Mods and rockers innit. And the film is specifically about how their fighting did impinge on ordinary law-abiding citizens going about their holidays etc.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 07, 2011, 20:44
Rhiannon wrote:
Mods and rockers innit. And the film is specifically about how their fighting did impinge on ordinary law-abiding citizens going about their holidays etc.

Rhiannon. Any form of fighting in public by gangs of youths impinges on the public to a degree, but the public were not the target in those days like they are now. It is obvious and should not be used to try and prove your point which is not valid.
Right, where's those stones we are supposed to be all about??
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2555 posts

Edited Sep 07, 2011, 22:14
Sep 07, 2011, 21:13
Sanctuary wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
And the Auld Scots held water in high reverence, being quite serious, as whisky is known as the 'water of life'.

Yes they called it 'falling down water' didn't they Drew:-)

This falling down don't know nothing about that was just pointing out that some Scots thought water was special. Others called water Adam's Wine which would suggest some kind of spirituality and lets face it water is used for baptism. In fact water seems to play a part in all faiths, they even put water on the turf at Parkhead, a sacred place :-)
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index