Gwass
193 posts

Re: Our Sacred Land
Sep 08, 2011, 14:56
Squid Tempest wrote:
Gwass wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Gwass wrote:
Could teachers just be teaching them to succeed in exams to skew the results in their favour? Surely not?!

And of course it isn't anything to do with the quotas expected to be fullfilled by successive governments, and by a constantly changing curriculum, could it? That would be ridiculous.

I agree but that doesn't make it less true. Standards are plumetting either way unfortunately. I think what's needed is a bit of bloody riggour

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rigor
Bad spelling again young Gwass, stand at the back of the class. See me after. Now boys and girls, let's all sing The Red Flag again.

Consider my hand slapped :-)
Gwass
193 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 15:00
ratcni01 wrote:
Then how come it was so predictable? I do a day a week at a centre for young people and the staff, and even I knew what was coming sooner or later.

Not sure what you're getting at?

If you mean the riots, I agree it was depressingly predictable anyone with half a brain could have seen it coming with the state of things.

I'm not sure how that proves or disporoves anything I've said though? :-)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 15:06
nigelswift wrote:
I'm not against tangents, in fact I love them, it's just a shame that a big deal like the government letting developers off the leash hasn't been properly addressed, here of all places. Rotherwas Ribbon wasn't wrecked by pressure from immigrants but by developers catering to housing demand from rich people and there are likely to be a hell of a lot of prehistoric site losses from now on for exactly the same reason. That ought to be recognised, and fully discussed here, I'd have thought.

Absolutely. I'm a bit ashamed I allowed myself to get so sidetracked. We can't possibly blame immigrants for the fact that the current government is undermining our heritage.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 15:09
Gwass wrote:
Could teachers just be teaching them to succeed in exams to skew the results in their favour? Surely not?!

And of course it isn't anything to do with the quotas expected to be fullfilled by successive governments, and by a constantly changing curriculum, could it? That would be ridiculous.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 15:10
Squid Tempest wrote:
Gwass wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Gwass wrote:

I agree but that doesn't make it less true. Standards are plumetting either way unfortunately. I think what's needed is a bit of bloody riggour

Bad spelling again young Gwass, stand at the back of the class. See me after. Now boys and girls, let's all sing The Red Flag again.

Back of the class ST, the corner at least surely? I'd and give him a choice...the sin bin, 100 lines or a 6 of the best :-)
Gwass
193 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 15:16
Sanctuary wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Gwass wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Gwass wrote:

Back of the class ST, the corner at least surely? I'd and give him a choice...the sin bin, 100 lines or a 6 of the best :-)

Only 6? Shame that'll have to do then! ;-)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Edited Sep 08, 2011, 15:45
Sep 08, 2011, 15:44
Gwass wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Gwass wrote:

ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 15:53
Then how come it was so predictable? I do a day a week at a centre for young people and the staff, and even I knew what was coming sooner or later.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 16:28
Gwass wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Gwass wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Gwass wrote:

Only 6? Shame that'll have to do then! ;-)

Yes then you can sue the teacher for assault and he'll spend the next five years in jail, lose his pension and be unemployable after that. In fact you'd probably meet up with him the next times you loot Boots the chemist :D
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 08, 2011, 16:29
Could you ask your Tory friend if he can pick holes in this Guardian editorial http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/sep/04/observer-editorial-rural-development-housing
Bet he can't. They're out to damage our country in order to do a favour to their mates, same as the forest sell-off.

There's a chink in their dirty pack of lies visible where they say it's to help first time buyers. Development economics will dictate that good quality houses willl get built on the rural, good quality land, not lo-cost stuff.
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index